Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell T5810(E5-1630v4, C610/X99) could NOT boot into installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 121
kernels to patch has edits for Sierra and Broadwell , not sure how that lets you boot Mojave installer with a haswell cpu?
that's very odd.
i'll give it a go now.

I'm more of a "cross my fingers and hope" person, not so much an expert. But, it works perfectly. E5-1650V3.

If you get it going, and find there are patches that will make it more stable, pass it on! :)

not getting anywhere with this now ….
if you get a chance would you upload copy of your drivers 64 uefi folder and kexts folder
i'll take a look again tomorrow.
thx.

not getting anywhere with this now ….
if you get a chance would you upload copy of your drivers 64 uefi folder and kexts folder
i'll take a look again tomorrow.
thx.
Something must be different somewhere (BIOS settings or ??). My Drivers64UEFI is the same as the one in Post #2 except I added the Apfs driver I referred to above, but even before I added that, I could get to the installer just fine. My kexts folder is the same as the one in Post #2. I remember I did change the one nVidia-related boot flag that in the config.plist to nvdisable=1 since I have an AMD card.

But that is literally all I did. Are you installing 10.14.4? Version of Clover?

Not at home just now , but clover version 4961 ( not nvram emulated ) straight from downloads here.
Not sure of the Mojave version - 10.14.4. or maybe 10.14.6 ,was whatever came via the app store link yesterday
I'll take some screen caps of bios settings later - I did uncheck vt-d etc , serial port disabled .
What have you set 'memory map I/O above 4gb to in bios ? I have it enabled . And usb 3.0 enabled or disabled ?
# Kernels to patch settings should be ignored as match os is set to 10.12 so I think that explains those.
I'm booting with radeon pro wx7100 , 48gb ram - 4x8 and 4x4 .

Something must be different somewhere (BIOS settings or ??). My Drivers64UEFI is the same as the one in Post #2 except I added the Apfs driver I referred to above, but even before I added that, I could get to the installer just fine. My kexts folder is the same as the one in Post #2. I remember I did change the one nVidia-related boot flag that in the config.plist to nvdisable=1 since I have an AMD card.

I actual deleted the nvidia flag since i'm on amd - i'll add back nvdisable=1 ,

Not at home just now , but clover version 4961 ( not nvram emulated ) straight from downloads here.
Not sure of the Mojave version - 10.14.4. or maybe 10.14.6 ,was whatever came via the app store link yesterday
I'll take some screen caps of bios settings later - I did uncheck vt-d etc , serial port disabled .
What have you set 'memory map I/O above 4gb to in bios ? I have it enabled . And usb 3.0 enabled or disabled ?
# Kernels to patch settings should be ignored as match os is set to 10.12 so I think that explains those.
I'm booting with radeon pro wx7100 , 48gb ram - 4x8 and 4x4 .
I have it as the default DISABLED in BIOS. It says it's for PCI devices (not PCI-e) and I don't use PCI devices.
I have all Virtualization options disabled. SATA set to AHCI and Legacy Option Roms ENABLED. COM port DISABLED. Obviously, Secure Boot is DISABLED.

I downloaded from App Store and got 10.14.4. I believe there are huge differences between 10.14.4 and 10.14.6 so maybe look at the package that was downloaded and do a GET INFO and see what version it is.

I downloaded from App Store and got 10.14.4. I believe there are huge differences between 10.14.4 and 10.14.6 so maybe look at the package that was downloaded and do a GET INFO and see what version it is.

Mojave version is 10.14.6 so i'll have to try for 10.4.4
next time I have access to a mac.
Bios is set as you have it , will try disabling mem map i/o - have seen others with this enabled / disabled so not a big deal to try with both anyway.
Since my mac access is limited i'll make a Catalina installer at the same time.
And i'll let you know how that goes.

Last edited:
Mojave version is 10.14.6 so i'll have to try for 10.4.4
next time I have access to a mac.
Bios is set as you have it , will try disabling mem map i/o - have seen others with this enabled / disabled so not a big deal to try with both anyway.
Since my mac access is limited i'll make a Catalina installer at the same time.
And i'll let you know how that goes.
Catalina was my next project. Not sure how easy that will be if I add the CLOVER folder from POST#2 to a Catalina installer. I would probably update some of the kexts to latest versions. Who knows...maybe it will work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back