Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell T5810(E5-1630v4, C610/X99) could NOT boot into installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So using a EFI/CLOVER file from the first page here, and substituting the CLOVER folder on my USB installer, I can now easily get to the macOS installer!
can you share what gets you to the installer and what version of 10.14 you used to create usb.

can you share what gets you to the installer and what version of 10.14 you used to create usb.

I got it figured out. I remembered reading that some signing certificate from Apple expired and that made all the installers not work so you have to re-download them from Apple after a certain date. So, I re-downloaded Mojave (it gave me 10.14.4 instead of 10.14.6 for some reason), but using that and the EFI folder from Post #2, I was able to install perfectly, and surprisingly, everything works!

Specs:
Precision 5810 w/ Intel XEON E5-1650 v3 (6 core/12 thread)
128GB ECC memory (yes, 128GB!)
512GB NVMe SSD (an HP EX920)
AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
Fenvi FT-V919 WIFI/BT card (for native WIFI 802.11ac and BT support)

And, seriously, so far everything including sound (BT or internal speaker or jack) works.

Sorry to hijack a High Sierra thread with a Mojave install...wasn't my intention, just wanted to get it installed!

Thanks to @tevenfeng for the EFI folder.

I noticed there is no WhateverGreen. Do I need that? There is Lilu, but no WEG.

Last edited:
I got it figured out. I remembered reading that some signing certificate from Apple expired and that made all the installers not work so you have to re-download them from Apple after a certain date. So, I re-downloaded Mojave (it gave me 10.14.4 instead of 10.14.6 for some reason), but using that and the EFI folder from Post #2, I was able to install perfectly, and surprisingly, everything works!

#######

I noticed there is no WhateverGreen. Do I need that? There is Lilu, but no WEG.

Great to hear you got going.....
If everything is working I wouldn't worry about WEG.
I needed to use it with K4000 so i'll try without it.

Did you create installer with unibeast or just clover ?
Can you just note what clover version you used and what got you to the installer / what you added post install.
Also what Dell Bios are you running - latest is A32.

Great to hear you got going.....
If everything is working I wouldn't worry about WEG.
I needed to use it with K4000 so i'll try without it.

Did you create installer with unibeast or just clover ?
Can you just note what clover version you used and what got you to the installer / what you added post install.
Also what Dell Bios are you running - latest is A32.
I created the Mojave USB installer with just Mojave 10.14.4 and Clover 4961. I then copied the Clover folder from Post #2 into the EFI folder of the installer, renaming the original CLOVER folder. With this, I was able to successfully get to the installer. I use APFS and noticed after installing, that Clover did not see my installation, so I checked and found I needed to add ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi to the Drivers64UEFI folder on the USB drive. Then, Clover would see my Mojave installation.

After that, pretty much everything worked, thanks to the carefully crafted EFI folder by tevenfeng!

In any case, my GPU is natively seen but I discovered that with that card installed (Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8GB) that I could not put the lid on the system! The GPU card is giant and too high to close the lid. That led me to try to get the card that came with the T5800, a AMD Firepro W8100, working. I had to edit some info.plist files to add the ID's for my card, but I got it working and can now put the lid on! And, W8100 is Metal supported, just not quite as fast as the RX580.

I also moved all the kexts (except FakeSMC) from the Clover/kexts/Other folder to L/E on my SSD using KextBeast. Some I didn't need (like the nVidia one)so I removed it.

Lastly, I want to work on the USB ports. Most of them work, but one in particular, the internal USB header, does not work and I would like to get it working because my Fenvi WIFI card needs a USB connection for BT to work. Currently I run a cable out the back and plug into a USB 2.0 port on the back, but would like to run it to the internal USB header just to make things neat. I will use Hackintool for that using the new guide that is posted here.

And, yes, I have the latest A32 BIOS installed and BIOS pretty much normal except set to AHCI mode, COM port disabled and all Virtualization settings off.

Any idea what the best CPU this model can take? I was wondering about a INTEL XEON E5-2673V3 2.40GHz 30M 12 CORES?

UPDATE: W8100 not fully working. Screen savers stop moving after a few seconds. The system is responsive, but the motion of the screen saver stops. :(

Last edited:
Lastly, I want to work on the USB ports. Most of them work, but one in particular, the internal USB header, does not work and I would like to get it working because my Fenvi WIFI card needs a USB connection for BT to work. Currently I run a cable out the back and plug into a USB 2.0 port on the back, but would like to run it to the internal USB header just to make things neat. I will use Hackintool for that using the new guide that is posted here.

And, yes, I have the latest A32 BIOS installed and BIOS pretty much normal except set to AHCI mode, COM port disabled and all Virtualization settings off.

Any idea what the best CPU this model can take? I was wondering about a INTEL XEON E5-2673V3 2.40GHz 30M 12 CORES?

UPDATE: W8100 not fully working. Screen savers stop moving after a few seconds. The system is responsive, but the motion of the screen saver stops. :(

Downloading Mojave on on a pals mac just now , will try installing later.....
If I can install i'll go thru my old files and see what i have .
I know I used a custom ssdt for usb on my previous mojave install - if i can find that I'll let you know if it still works.
Definitely had all external usb ports working - not sure about internal.

I had a borrowed w7100 for testing on last build and got full resolution by adding device id like you did.
Search my old posts here, someone else mentioned that apple changed something and adding fake id in clover was now the preferred fix for the w7100 .Might help to try same approach with w8100.

For my use faster single core is more important than multiple cores so 1650 v4 @ 3.6-4.0 6 core is probably my preferred upgrade . v4 broadwell is worth a look …. more cores usually means sacrificing clock speed .I have used engineering samples previously with good results on dell 3610 and 5810 .Usually cheaper and you can sometimes find a good balance.

Search …. intel e5 v4 family for broadwell

Downloading Mojave on on a pals mac just now , will try installing later.....
If I can install i'll go thru my old files and see what i have .
I know I used a custom ssdt for usb on my previous mojave install - if i can find that I'll let you know if it still works.
Definitely had all external usb ports working - not sure about internal.

I had a borrowed w7100 for testing on last build and got full resolution by adding device id like you did.
Search my old posts here, someone else mentioned that apple changed something and adding fake id in clover was now the preferred fix for the w7100 .Might help to try same approach with w8100.

For my use faster single core is more important than multiple cores so 1650 v4 @ 3.6-4.0 6 core is probably my preferred upgrade . v4 broadwell is worth a look …. more cores usually means sacrificing clock speed .I have used engineering samples previously with good results on dell 3610 and 5810 .Usually cheaper and you can sometimes find a good balance.

Search …. intel e5 v4 family for broadwell

Probably true on the cores vs performance. I thought it would be fun to try a $100 12 core CPU just to brag. :)

I did the USB check and oddly, one of the front ports conflicts with one of the rear ports. Front (3rd down from top) and rear (top left of the SS ports) seem to identify as the same. Did you have that issue? I could not get the rear bottom left SS port to do anything. And the internal header USB still is not seen. The internal USB-A port (under the memory cooling shield) works fine.

I followed Rehabmans guide to create a custom ssdt for usb , but I'll save you the trouble if i can install and search through my old files. Just about to try installing - first go anyway .
And I did have all external ports working correctly previously with the custom ssdt.

I created the Mojave USB installer with just Mojave 10.14.4 and Clover 4961. I then copied the Clover folder from Post #2 into the EFI folder of the installer, renaming the original CLOVER folder. With this, I was able to successfully get to the installer. I use APFS and noticed after installing, that Clover did not see my installation, so I checked and found I needed to add ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi to the Drivers64UEFI folder on the USB drive. Then, Clover would see my Mojave installation.

After that, pretty much everything worked, thanks to the carefully crafted EFI folder by tevenfeng!

In any case, my GPU is natively seen but I discovered that with that card installed (Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8GB) that I could not put the lid on the system! The GPU card is giant and too high to close the lid. That led me to try to get the card that came with the T5800, a AMD Firepro W8100, working. I had to edit some info.plist files to add the ID's for my card, but I got it working and can now put the lid on! And, W8100 is Metal supported, just not quite as fast as the RX580.

I also moved all the kexts (except FakeSMC) from the Clover/kexts/Other folder to L/E on my SSD using KextBeast. Some I didn't need (like the nVidia one)so I removed it.

so far not able to reach installer ….. followed your steps above and getting either # error prelinked kernel or couldn't allocate runtime area #
config plist in post#2 has patches for Broadwell cpu . You have haswell v3 ?
any chance you meant post #1 ?

so far not able to reach installer ….. followed your steps above and getting either # error prelinked kernel or couldn't allocate runtime area #
config plist in post#2 has patches for Broadwell cpu . You have haswell v3 ?
any chance you meant post #1 ?
Definitely Post #2. Yes, I have V3.

ok , and which config.plist did yo use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back