Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision Tower 5810(C612)
CPU
Xeon E5-1630 v4
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hi guys, I'm currently trying to turn my Dell Precision Tower 5810 into a hackintosh, which contains an X99/C612 chipset, E501630v4 CPU, 32GB ECC RAM, and an nVidia GTX 1080 graphics card. I followed tutorials in this forum and some found threads, but I could not boot into installer. Following pictures shot during booting and my clover directory, sorry for the bad quality.
PLEASE, could anyone help me this? Great thanks!
IMG_1051.PNG
IMG_1050.PNG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10 MB · Views: 431
Update after some googling! My hackintosh build successfully installed and booted! It turned out that I didn't patch the kernel for Sierra or High Sierra(see this thread). There are patches for both Haswell and Broadwell CPUs and I've got a Broadwell CPU so I choose the patch for it.
With the above kernel patches and suitable kexts and config.plist, I successfully run my hackintosh with Sierra! And I've tested that this should also work for High Sierra.
What works:
  • E5-1630v4(with FakeSMC.kext and VoodooTSCSync.kext for 4 cores injected)
  • CPU full power management
  • Hibernation
  • All USB ports both usb2 and usb3(XHCI-X99-injector.kext injected)
  • Audio, output tested only, dont need microphone~(voodooHDA.kext injected)
  • Graphics card(GTX 1080, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext injected)
  • Intel ethernet(with Intel mausiethernet.kext injected)

And here's my full clover folder(SMBIOS information removed), hope this can help anyone needed!

Attachments

• DellT5810HackintoshClover.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 1,431
Update after some googling! My hackintosh build successfully installed and booted! It turned out that I didn't patch the kernel for Sierra or High Sierra(see this thread). There are patches for both Haswell and Broadwell CPUs and I've got a Broadwell CPU so I choose the patch for it.
With the above kernel patches and suitable kexts and config.plist, I successfully run my hackintosh with Sierra! And I've tested that this should also work for High Sierra.
What works:
  • E5-1630v4(with FakeSMC.kext and VoodooTSCSync.kext for 4 cores injected)
  • CPU full power management
  • Hibernation
  • All USB ports both usb2 and usb3(XHCI-X99-injector.kext injected)
  • Audio, output tested only, dont need microphone~(voodooHDA.kext injected)
  • Graphics card(GTX 1080, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext injected)
  • Intel ethernet(with Intel mausiethernet.kext injected)

And here's my full clover folder(SMBIOS information removed), hope this can help anyone needed!

Hello thank you for sharing your trick
I want to know if I have to copy the folder you shared to the CLOVER folder on my usb installation or what ?

Hello thank you for sharing your trick
I want to know if I have to copy the folder you shared to the CLOVER folder on my usb installation or what ?

Yeah, if you have exactly the same hardware as I do, you could simply put the folder to your usb installation disk and install the OS and finally put it in the EFI partition on your installed disk. However, if you don not have the same hardware, you may have to make some changes, for example, if you have another CPU instead of 4 core CPU as mine, you may have to change to the corresponding version of VoodooTSCSync.kext. So just be careful.

Yeah, if you have exactly the same hardware as I do, you could simply put the folder to your usb installation disk and install the OS and finally put it in the EFI partition on your installed disk. However, if you don not have the same hardware, you may have to make some changes, for example, if you have another CPU instead of 4 core CPU as mine, you may have to change to the corresponding version of VoodooTSCSync.kext. So just be careful.

I have the following Setup:

Dell Precision T5810
CPU : Xeon 2618L
Memory : 32 Go
GPU: Nvidia 1060 Ti
HD : SSD intel 180Go*2 + Toshiba 6To

I have the following Setup:

Dell Precision T5810
CPU : Xeon 2618L
Memory : 32 Go
GPU: Nvidia 1060 Ti
HD : SSD intel 180Go*2 + Toshiba 6To

OK, as far as I know, Xeon 2618L has multiple version or multiple generations, is it a v3 or v4? You'll have to make it clear because it may cause difference in kernel patches. You can see this thread.

Then you'll have to make some changes in the config.plist(in the kernel patches area), just have a look the thread I mentioned above.

Then you'll have to make some changes in the config.plist(in the kernel patches area), just have a look the thread I mentioned above.

Ok I will check this when i'm ready to retry the installation thank you for your help

You're welcome! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back