Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 9010 + Sierra + Clover = reboot loop, no installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

My 1st hack, Dell Optiplex 9010, i7-2600 Quad core, 8GB RAM, Samsung Evo 250GB, Intel HD2000 & NVIDIA GeForce GT1030

I've been through the BIOS settings : Sata in AHCI mode > disable VTd > disable Secure Boot > Video set to NVIDIA only
I've created the Unibeast USB installer : Sierra App Store installer > UEFI mode > no graphics injection
Boot the Optiplex > F12 > UEFI > Boot options are dart=0 -x -v > checked no graphics injection set > NVIDIAWeb unchecked
System starts to boot then get +++++++++++++++ and it reboots
Repeat

I've tried enabling NVIDIAWeb injection, tried removing -x, tried a different USB stick, tried wiping the USB stick and starting from scratch.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_4335.JPG
    IMG_4335.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 508
Last edited:
I've fixed the booting issue, was a setting in the BIOS I'd missed, either C-States or Intel SpeedStep. I disabled them both and am currently installing. Will see how the build turns out!

Thanks all
Hi there, I am currently trying to make my hackintosh with a optiplex 9010. Is your audio working? If yes, could you please let me know how did you make it work?

Audio isn’t working no, I’ve tried installing the Voodoo 2.9 (I think) audio kexts and experimenting with the Audio device ID in clover configurator but the only devices recognised in System Preferences are the hdmi ports on the graphics card.

I have usb speakers so it hasn’t bothered me so far.

Hi there. I finally got my hands on an optiplex 9010 unfortunately it is getting stuck on the apple sign and rebooting. I have checked the BIOS settings, everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions?

My problem was not even getting to the Apple logo, was definitely caused by the BIOS settings. When I went through and double checked every single setting it did work.

Are you booting with the -v flag set? That’ll give you more info on the problem. Also boot with -s to boot safe mode.

@Ferd1211, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi All

My 1st hack, Dell Optiplex 9010, i7-2600 Quad core, 8GB RAM, Samsung Evo 250GB, Intel HD2000 & NVIDIA GeForce GT1030

I've been through the BIOS settings : Sata in AHCI mode > disable VTd > disable Secure Boot > Video set to NVIDIA only
I've created the Unibeast USB installer : Sierra App Store installer > UEFI mode > no graphics injection
Boot the Optiplex > F12 > UEFI > Boot options are dart=0 -x -v > checked no graphics injection set > NVIDIAWeb unchecked
System starts to boot then get +++++++++++++++ and it reboots
Repeat

I've tried enabling NVIDIAWeb injection, tried removing -x, tried a different USB stick, tried wiping the USB stick and starting from scratch.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

@MacAmbulance
Hey there, I have an i5 7500 Kaby Lake Dell Optiplex 3050 and I'm having the same issue as you are.
Can you share your EFI in a zip and if possible some pictures of the dell bios screen so that I can copy your settings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back