Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF, can't reach installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you added the kext I sent you, ethernet should be working.
hey Pastry, I've added the kext, but still not working... added in the EFI folder and in L/E folder

hey Pastry, I've added the kext, but still not working... added in the EFI folder and in L/E folder

Don't add to /LIbrary/Extensions/. Delete that one.

I don't know why the kext is not working for you.

Don't add to /LIbrary/Extensions/. Delete that one.

I don't know why the kext is not working for you.
thx pastrtchef !!!! it was my fault... didn't notice that NIC adapter was tourned off in the BIOS. now every thing is working..
hope someday we will find a way to improve other functionality...

big hug and thanks again

@pazziards I can't figure out why you have the same machine and I cannot get your EFI to work. What version of BIOS do you have on your SFF 7040?

Here is a video of when I use the EFI @pazziards attached to this thread:

Here is a video of when I use the EFI @pastrychef sent me:

Yes I do. is that the issue?

I don't know what the issues is... For some reason, it looks like your system restarts right after the Aptio fix and macOS never really starts to load.

I don't know what the issues is... For some reason, it looks like your system restarts right after the Aptio fix and macOS never really starts to load.
yes, that's why I was hoping that @pazziards would comment on what his BIOS version is. I think that most likely is why his EFI works on his computer, and mine results in sadness.

sorry, @pastrychef i meant to ask: is there any problem (long term or otherwise) as to why I shouldn't try and create a Legacy Boot version to test? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the nuances of why this wouldn't be good......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back