Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF, can't reach installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

still been in trouble with this till now... I've set the DVMT to 0x04 wich should be 128Mb...nothing...
the only way I manged to get the installer and than install os, it's by using a dedicate GPU: Asus R7 240 2GB GDDR5...
I'am still working on it because I've only menaged to get the card propely recognized, but I don't have propre accelleration.
But i can work on the iGPU at least ... Hoping so...:crazy:

So there is my plist.. sorry but don't know how to attach the entire EFI folder...

Again I'am sorry for my english

added some pictures too

forgot: as u can see from pictures i had to use an HDMI to DVI adapter because the monitor doesn't have any HDMI port... the DP ports on the PC doesn't work...read somwere the it could cause issues ... any advice?!

thx everyone

Dell 7040 SFF

i5 6600
Intel HD530
Asus R7 240 2GB GDDR5
Crucial BX500 SSD 120GB
Corsair 16GB 3000Mhz

Attachments

• IMG_5128.jpg
    IMG_5128.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5129.jpg
    IMG_5129.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5130.jpg
    IMG_5130.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5131.jpg
    IMG_5131.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5128.jpg
    IMG_5128.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5129.jpg
    IMG_5129.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5130.jpg
    IMG_5130.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5131.jpg
    IMG_5131.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5132.jpg
    IMG_5132.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5133.jpg
    IMG_5133.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
ZIP.... it was easy:banghead:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 89
Hi guys,

still been in trouble with this till now... I've set the DVMT to 0x04 wich should be 128Mb...nothing...
the only way I manged to get the installer and than install os, it's by using a dedicate GPU: Asus R7 240 2GB GDDR5...
I'am still working on it because I've only menaged to get the card propely recognized, but I don't have propre accelleration.
But i can work on the iGPU at least ... Hoping so...:crazy:

So there is my plist.. sorry but don't know how to attach the entire EFI folder...

Again I'am sorry for my english

added some pictures too

forgot: as u can see from pictures i had to use an HDMI to DVI adapter because the monitor doesn't have any HDMI port... the DP ports on the PC doesn't work...read somwere the it could cause issues ... any advice?!

thx everyone

Dell 7040 SFF

i5 6600
Intel HD530
Asus R7 240 2GB GDDR5
Crucial BX500 SSD 120GB
Corsair 16GB 3000Mhz

Sorry. I don't know how to enable the R7 240.

Sorry. I don't know how to enable the R7 240.
no problem Pastry!!! I'am adventuring patching connectors and other stuffs that I don't understand at all... trusting guides as always lol

my goal is to fully enable the intel HD 530

I'm not sure why Pazziards' EFI doesn't work for me, but it doesn't. I tried the DVMT preAlloc as 64MB and 128MB, but neither work.

@pastrychef -- where do I find all of the different Aptio fixes so I can troubleshoot with those? SO far I have tried the one from Pazzairds, and the 2 different ones from your EFI downloads. I'm not sure how many files there are to try but I'll gladly try all of them.

I'm not sure why Pazziards' EFI doesn't work for me, but it doesn't. I tried the DVMT preAlloc as 64MB and 128MB, but neither work.

@pastrychef -- where do I find all of the different Aptio fixes so I can troubleshoot with those? SO far I have tried the one from Pazzairds, and the 2 different ones from your EFI downloads. I'm not sure how many files there are to try but I'll gladly try all of them.

Please post your EFI.

@pastrychef the EFI is based off of yours, but I added all of the Aptio fixes I could find. I left the "active" one in the Drivers folder, then moved the other files into the Old filevault drivers folder.

I have tried everyone of them, both with 64MB of prealloc memory, and 128MB of memory like @pazziards used on his box. all resulted in sadness.

I've also tried to use the inject nvidia instead of the onboard Intel, and still sadness......

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.7 MB · Views: 169
@TomJones @pastrychef

with this config and by using only the HD530 on HDMI, I've been able to reach the installer and install osX....
but after last reboot when need to configure the PC, it stuck... reboot....

@TomJones hope u r doing a greater job than me

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 87
@pastrychef the EFI is based off of yours, but I added all of the Aptio fixes I could find. I left the "active" one in the Drivers folder, then moved the other files into the Old filevault drivers folder.

I have tried everyone of them, both with 64MB of prealloc memory, and 128MB of memory like @pazziards used on his box. all resulted in sadness.

I've also tried to use the inject nvidia instead of the onboard Intel, and still sadness......

Try this.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.9 MB · Views: 82
@TomJones @pastrychef

with this config and by using only the HD530 on HDMI, I've been able to reach the installer and install osX....
but after last reboot when need to configure the PC, it stuck... reboot....

@TomJones hope u r doing a greater job than me

Try this with only HD 530. I don't know how to make r7 240 work so make sure it is pulled out of the system.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.9 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back