Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF, can't reach installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update. I have successfully installed mojave on my dell optiplex 7040. The things that I need to do and will need your help from you guys is how to install the built-in ethernet card? I tried plugging my ethernet cable and it is not working. Also, how to wake up from sleep is not working. Hoping someone can help. thanks.

Hi guys,

I am tring to hackintosh my 7040 sff ... no way I can reach the installer tryng everything read on this and other sites... need your help =(
My config :
i5 6600
16 gb ram vengeance lpx
crucial ssd BX500
help help help

Just an update. I have successfully installed mojave on my dell optiplex 7040. The things that I need to do and will need your help from you guys is how to install the built-in ethernet card? I tried plugging my ethernet cable and it is not working. Also, how to wake up from sleep is not working. Hoping someone can help. thanks.
Keema, can you provide the conflig.plist and KEXT files you used for your install?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I am tring to hackintosh my 7040 sff ... no way I can reach the installer tryng everything read on this and other sites... need your help =(
My config :
i5 6600
16 gb ram vengeance lpx
crucial ssd BX500
help help help
You'll probably need the "USBInjectAll.kext" file. when I couldn't reach my installer, it had to do with the fact that I wasn't loading all USB devices on boot.

You'll probably need the "USBInjectAll.kext" file. when I couldn't reach my installer, it had to do with the fact that I wasn't loading all USB devices on boot.
yeah, well

actually I can boot the usb, see the apple logo and the full process loading kernel from usb.. but just at the end the screen goes dark and sometimes the pc restart ....

I have no idea ...

I've tried with all the EFI folder posted on that thread ...

white flag :crazy:

actually I can boot the usb, see the apple logo and the full process loading kernel from usb.. but just at the end the screen goes dark and sometimes the pc restart ....

I have no idea ...

I've tried with all the EFI folder posted on that thread ...

white flag :crazy:
that's why I asked Keema how they got theirs going. I'm stuck in the Reboot loop... when it tries to install.

Hi guys,

My config :
i5 6600
16 gb ram vengeance lpx
crucial ssd BX500
help help help

You can try the EFI from my OptiPlex 3040 build. Link is below in my signature.

yeah, well

I've tried with the EFI folder provided from israel, but nothing, still don't work.
I can boot from the USB, I can see the apple logo and loading process going on till the end... but when it finish loading, boom, black screen... and some tme it just reboot

please help
really need it

yeah, well

I've tried with the EFI folder provided from israel, but nothing, still don't work.
I can boot from the USB, I can see the apple logo and loading process going on till the end... but when it finish loading, boom, black screen... and some tme it just reboot

please help
really need it
Above, pastrychef suggested using his EFI files, which he has on the link in his signature. I'm trying that out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back