Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF, can't reach installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it works , there is a few more steps that you have to make but it works. Te audio still not working for me
I ran multibeast and copied that last plist over, went in and checked dell smbios and got a KP. Saw that you uploaded your EFI so I copied that over, now I get to clover but no option to install mac os. Are there certain folders that I just need to copy over?

I ran multibeast and copied that last plist over, went in and checked dell smbios and got a KP. Saw that you uploaded your EFI so I copied that over, now I get to clover but no option to install mac os. Are there certain folders that I just need to copy over?

The EFI That I uploaded is for the optiplex 7040. Please upload your EFI to check

The EFI That I uploaded is for the optiplex 7040. Please upload your EFI to check
I have an optiplex 7050 MFF...almost same except for processor as far as I can tell. I enabled dell smbios option and got the following KP. Attached are details per clover as well...

Attachments

• 4A8E8246-B556-4C44-9A7C-A6F8D57EC618.jpeg
    4A8E8246-B556-4C44-9A7C-A6F8D57EC618.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 202
  • F08805C9-6EF1-4E12-80C2-AF624BD7B3A1.jpeg
    F08805C9-6EF1-4E12-80C2-AF624BD7B3A1.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 215
Oh also, I can't post EFI because when I pull the drive from the new soon-to-be hackintosh it disappears and i need to run clover or multibeast to recreate the partition

Hi-- this is my first Hackintosh attempt.

I have read through this thread because I have an Optiplex 7040 SFF, and I can't even get to the part that Israelmuca states:

o I checked t

I am getting stuck at the at the Prohibited sign mentioned in this other thread, and saw what I thought was the solution here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-installing-high-sierra.254794/#post-1767701
I thried all of the USB 2 options. I ahve the same BIOS version that Isrealmuca has as well.

The only difference between my install and Israelmuca's is that I'm installing Mojave. Can anyone suggest a fix? I'm using the EFI and config.plist attached in this thread.

Any updates on this one if this has been solved? I have a 7040 with an i7 6700. Just want to know what will be the bios setting/s that needed to set on this one since it does not have some of the settings found on other motherboards.

I h
Ok, install went ok! Now I'm preparing for post install!

However, I'm noticing something very curious with the video card, as it is showing as Intel HD 7000 with 7Mb! ! !

I'm going to use this current EFI folder as it is, considering it lets me boot to the Hack without issues.
I'll start messing around with it, see what I can do!

Thanks again!
I HAVE THE SAME COMPUTER WITHE SAME PROBLEM CAN YOU HELP ME OUT

Just an update. I have successfully installed mojave on my dell optiplex 7040. The things that I need to do and will need your help from you guys is how to install the built-in ethernet card? I tried plugging my ethernet cable and it is not working. Also, how to wake up from sleep is not working. Hoping someone can help. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back