Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF, can't reach installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, install went ok! Now I'm preparing for post install!

However, I'm noticing something very curious with the video card, as it is showing as Intel HD 7000 with 7Mb! ! !

You should install the Intel HD 530 patch with MultiBeast.
MultiBeast > Customize > Graphics Configuration > Intel HD 5xx

In BIOS set DVMT-prealloc to 64MB

Last edited:
You should install the Intel HD 530 patch with MultiBeast.
MultiBeast > Customize > Graphics Configuration > Intel HD 5xx

In BIOS set DVMT-prealloc to 64MB

Hi!

I used the EFI folder as it was on the USB, with the first config.plist that you kindly shared with me (I only added the Inject Intel).
With that, I can boot into the computer without the USB.

I then used multibeast to install the Intel HD 5xx patch.
After that, it doesn't boot anymore, with the KP attached.

I'll keep trying different solutions to see what happens.

It's worth mentioning that my BIOS doesn't allow me to choose the DVMT-prealloc...

Thanks!
20170517_175812.jpg

Last edited:

Hi!

First of all, sorry for the lack of updates, I had a lot of work and finally had some time to continue trying to fix this Hackintosh.
I had to test a lot of options in order to make it work.

What I think worked (or at least feels like an upgrade) was to install the HD5xx patch with Multibeast, then, without rebooting, (manually) adding the minStolenPatch using PlistEdit Pro.
I did it wrong 3 times, as I've never done it before.
I'm not sure it's 100% correct, but it now boots, but still shows Intel HD 7000 but instead of 7MB, it now shows 1536MB.
It no longer does the glitch as it's turning on either, that's why I say it's an "upgrade".

I'm downloading Cinebench and Geekbench to test the performance.
I'm also going to test double monitors, as that is VERY important for me.

I read about double monitors when I upgraded the M700 Tiny to Sierra, as I tried different fixes for double monitor and eventually got it working, so I'm hopeful that I'll make it.

I'm uploading my EFI folder for if anyone wants to check it out.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-05-21 at 11.46.35 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-05-21 at 11.46.35 PM.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 410
  • 7040funcionandoEFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 427
Performance seems ok I guess?

Have yet to try:
- sleep/hibernate (don't really mind if it doesn't work)
- audio (don't really mind if it doesn't work, its ALC3234 according to the BIOS)

Working:
- double monitor (one DP, another HDMI)
- USB 2.0 and 3.0
- Ethernet (added the IntelMausiEthernet.kext)

It's getting late now so I'll continue working on it tomorrow, thank you all!!!!

Last edited:
Hi,

I am considering to obtain the same machine but with the difference that is i7 6700. I have a couple of questions.

1-Have you tried double monitor with both DP?
2-Have you solve the Audio?
3-All USB work fine?

Thanks!!

Performance seems ok I guess?

Have yet to try:
- sleep/hibernate (don't really mind if it doesn't work)
- audio (don't really mind if it doesn't work, its ALC3234 according to the BIOS)

Working:
- double monitor (one DP, another HDMI)
- USB 2.0 and 3.0
- Ethernet (added the IntelMausiEthernet.kext)

It's getting late now so I'll continue working on it tomorrow, thank you all!!!!

How did you fix dual monitor???

How did you fix dual monitor???

Hi!

To be honest I didn't, it worked with the EFI.zip that I uploaded here. It'll work with your CPU as well!
Haven't fixed audio, I'm actually starting to fix that this very moment.

All USB ports work perfectly fine, 3.0 speeds on 3.0 ones as well!

Hi!

To be honest I didn't, it worked with the EFI.zip that I uploaded here. It'll work with your CPU as well!
Haven't fixed audio, I'm actually starting to fix that this very moment.

All USB ports work perfectly fine, 3.0 speeds on 3.0 ones as well!

hello, i am currently trying on my office pc as well, same config and pc. can you share the post install process? i am able to replicate the installation from your efi folder and the config.plist uploaded by P1LGRIM. and then i'm stuck.

this is also not my 1st hackintosh but it's been a while since i have a working one.

hello, i am currently trying on my office pc as well, same config and pc. can you share the post install process? i am able to replicate the installation from your efi folder and the config.plist uploaded by P1LGRIM. and then i'm stuck.

this is also not my 1st hackintosh but it's been a while since i have a working one.
I get past the post install, updated to 10.12.6 and use new kext. able to get full acceleration with intel HD 530, but sadly no dual monitor support. any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 5.14.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 5.14.06 AM.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 296
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back