Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF, can't reach installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get past the post install, updated to 10.12.6 and use new kext. able to get full acceleration with intel HD 530, but sadly no dual monitor support. any suggestions?
Im having a similar situation, trying it on an office PC for the first time.
COuld you tell if the My Dell 7040 Config can be hacked?
Mobo:Dell Optiplex 7040 0HD5W2 Intel LGA1151 SFF DDR4 USB 3.0 Motherboard
CPU:i3 6100
GPU: Intel HD 500
Also, i was unable to find some Bios settings like XHCI Handoff, VTD or DVMT on the GUI bios interface. Any advice would be great.

Hi!

First of all, sorry for the lack of updates, I had a lot of work and finally had some time to continue trying to fix this Hackintosh.
I had to test a lot of options in order to make it work.

What I think worked (or at least feels like an upgrade) was to install the HD5xx patch with Multibeast, then, without rebooting, (manually) adding the minStolenPatch using PlistEdit Pro.
I did it wrong 3 times, as I've never done it before.
I'm not sure it's 100% correct, but it now boots, but still shows Intel HD 7000 but instead of 7MB, it now shows 1536MB.
It no longer does the glitch as it's turning on either, that's why I say it's an "upgrade".

I'm downloading Cinebench and Geekbench to test the performance.
I'm also going to test double monitors, as that is VERY important for me.

I read about double monitors when I upgraded the M700 Tiny to Sierra, as I tried different fixes for double monitor and eventually got it working, so I'm hopeful that I'll make it.

I'm uploading my EFI folder for if anyone wants to check it out.

Hey, Could you help me with the same?

I got the audio and network to work (Multibeast), but the graphics is still IntelHD 530 5MB?
I tried installing the drivers through multibeast, tried kext for lilu and IntelHD, still no luck. Any Advice?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.52.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.52.50 PM.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 335
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.53.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.53.34 PM.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 260
  • config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 275
I'm trying to get a 7040 SFF running 10.12. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I set my bios like the beginning of this thread, but I can't get it to make it to the installer.

Thanks

I'm trying to get a 7040 SFF running 10.12. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I set my bios like the beginning of this thread, but I can't get it to make it to the installer.

Thanks
Can you explain more about the bios setting that you use?
Was long time ago but I remember that the only difference was the ethernet port.
I had my 7040 with 10.12.6 without the audio drivers

First article of this thread.

https://goo.gl/photos/ffiGGysghzkkcrMw8

I have my BIOS pretty much like that. I can get to CLOVER, and when I boot, it crashes. I can never get to the installer. I think it might have something to do with the USB port not working when it starts booting off the flash drive?

Can you explain more about the bios setting that you use?
Was long time ago but I remember that the only difference was the ethernet port.
I had my 7040 with 10.12.6 without the audio drivers

I think it might have something to do with the USB port not working when it starts booting off the flash drive?
Try: At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

For permanent solution check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist
Code:
  <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

That line is in my Clover config on the USB drive.

Try: At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

For permanent solution check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist
Code:
  <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

Ok, I'm stuck at the same spot. I've tried that config and it doesn't work. Intel graphics are being injected. Getting the same exact AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer crash and reboot issue.

Ok, try this one :

Complete noob here.... Would this work for a Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro form factor by any chance?

i5-7500T @ 2.7ghz
8gb ram
500gb m.2 drive
Onboard graphics (Intel HD 630)

Complete noob here.... Would this work for a Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro form factor by any chance?

i5-7500T @ 2.7ghz
8gb ram
500gb m.2 drive
Onboard graphics (Intel HD 630)
Yes it works , there is a few more steps that you have to make but it works. Te audio still not working for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back