Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
Intel i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel HD620
Hi! I'm pretty new to hackintosh, this is actually my first fully-working hackintosh laptop, thank's to @syscl @bozma88 and many others! On @syscl's github we are discussing about Wifi and BT problems on both DW1560 and DW1830 since February, without being able to fix this. Almost every user is experiencing different problems with the same card. For some BT doesn't work at all when using WiFi, other's complain about WiFi being VERY slow after sleep (with 1000+ms ping to router) and thing's like that.

I've tried both DW1830 and DW1560, and this is what happens to me (using AirPods as BT device):
  • With DW1560 BT was not working, even with WiFi disconnected I was experiencing lag, like there was low signal, even with laptop opened and my head near the BT card. Reboot didn't fixed the issue. WiFi was working great but sometimes after sleep I needed reboot 'cause WiFi was slow with bad ping (3 times out of 10 sleeps).
  • With DW1830 BT is A WAY BETTER, working very very good. After reboot WiFi + BT works great, no problem at all. But sometimes (2 times out of 10 sleeps) BT and/or WiFi doesn't work anymore, with BT keeping disconnecting or slow WiFi. Sometimes being connected to BT makes WiFi slow, but not every time. I'm on 2.4Ghz Wifi, i heard that this may be Apple issue, but, why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't? Some users reported that disabling BT in BIOS Settings fixed Slow-WiFi issue after sleep.
You can find my EFI folder in attachment, hoping that someone can figure this out!
Thank you very much for your help, please ask if you need some other file/log :)

Have a nice day!

SOLVED BY CORRECTING USBCONNECTORS VALUE FOR BT FROM 0x03 (Usb 3.0) TO 0xFF (Internal)!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 985
Last edited:
Hi! I'm pretty new to hackintosh, this is actually my first fully-working hackintosh laptop, thank's to @syscl @bozma88 and many others! On @syscl's github we are discussing about Wifi and BT problems on both DW1560 and DW1830 since February, without being able to fix this. Almost every user is experiencing different problems with the same card. For some BT doesn't work at all when using WiFi, other's complain about WiFi being VERY slow after sleep (with 1000+ms ping to router) and thing's like that.

I've tried both DW1830 and DW1560, and this is what happens to me (using AirPods as BT device):
  • With DW1830 BT was not working, even with WiFi disconnected I was experiencing lag, like there was low signal, even with laptop opened and my head near the BT card. Reboot didn't fixed the issue. WiFi was working great but sometimes after sleep I needed reboot 'cause WiFi was slow with bad ping (3 times out of 10 sleeps).
  • With DW1560 BT is A WAY BETTER, working very very good. After reboot WiFi + BT works great, no problem at all. But sometimes (2 times out of 10 sleeps) BT and/or WiFi doesn't work anymore, with BT keeping disconnecting or slow WiFi. Sometimes being connected to BT makes WiFi slow, but not every time. I'm on 2.4Ghz Wifi, i heard that this may be Apple issue, but, why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't? Some users reported that disabling BT in BIOS Settings fixed Slow-WiFi issue after sleep.
You can find my EFI folder in attachment, hoping that someone can figure this out!
Thank you very much for your help, please ask if you need some other file/log :)

Have a nice day!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you for your answer! I read the "how to configure DW1560 section" so I've installed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext on S/L/E, then I moved BrcmFirmwareRepo, FacePCIID, FacePCIID_Broadcom to S/L/E (they were in Clover folder).
Need some tests, will let you know if worked! :)

Didn't solved the issue, WiFi still slow after first sleep using Stop button on Apple Menu.
Ping before sleep is something like 1 to 3 milliseconds. Screenshot in attachment.

Also this didn't solved the issue: "If you experience slow WiFi after a sleep/wake cycle, disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver."

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-09-02 alle 20.16.06.png
    Schermata 2017-09-02 alle 20.16.06.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 663
Didn't solved the issue, WiFi still slow after first sleep using Stop button on Apple Menu.
Ping before sleep is something like 1 to 3 milliseconds. Screenshot in attachment.

Also this didn't solved the issue: "If you experience slow WiFi after a sleep/wake cycle, disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver."

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Shame on me! Sorry, here's everything:

terminal output:
Code:
MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f8320f000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
   93    1 0xffffff7f82ede000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (279.48) ED51F180-19C8-3DE1-AF81-0E389D98ADDE <92 91 41 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  123    0 0xffffff7f83060000 0xb5000    0xb5000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (9279.48) 806B8C17-50CA-3C6B-90B3-195F38D8FB89 <122 93 92 91 42 41 6 5 4 3 1>

kext terminal output:
Code:
MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext tbupddmxhid.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC256.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Invalid signature -67062 for kext <OSKext 0x7fa5b6728c60 [0x7fffd8c1ada0]> { URL = "tbupddmxhid.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.touch-base.tbupddmxhid" }
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
KernelCache ID: 56C960A40D1E5995B82FA2A1615ACDAB

Just one thing: not sure if the F4-thing worked at boot in Clover (laptop has F keys as FN), let me know. Thank you, and sorry again!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 169
  • RehabMan.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 170
  • ioreg.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 380
Shame on me! Sorry, here's everything:

terminal output:
Code:
MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f8320f000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc

MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
   93    1 0xffffff7f82ede000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (279.48) ED51F180-19C8-3DE1-AF81-0E389D98ADDE <92 91 41 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  123    0 0xffffff7f83060000 0xb5000    0xb5000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (9279.48) 806B8C17-50CA-3C6B-90B3-195F38D8FB89 <122 93 92 91 42 41 6 5 4 3 1>

kext terminal output:
Code:
MacBook-Pro-di-Mirco:Desktop mirco$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext tbupddmxhid.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_ALC256.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Invalid signature -67062 for kext <OSKext 0x7fa5b6728c60 [0x7fffd8c1ada0]> { URL = "tbupddmxhid.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.touch-base.tbupddmxhid" }
KernelCache ID: 56C960A40D1E5995B82FA2A1615ACDAB

Just one thing: not sure if the F4-thing worked at boot in Clover (laptop has F keys as FN), let me know. Thank you, and sorry again!

Problems:
- kexts are not installed correctly (all kexts you need should to be installed to the system volume)
- no idea what tbupddmxhid.kext is
- try without HibernationFixup.kext (hibernation should be disabled)
- ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (you must press the key that generates F4. As you noted, it can be either Fn+F4 or just F4. Press both).
- ACPI/patched files look to be wrong. There is no SSDT-14.aml in ACPI/origin... Based on ACPI/origin, you should have these SSDTs from ACPI/origin (appropriately patched):
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
- but your profile indicates you have no secondary graphics device, so chances are there is no need to patch SSDTs at all. All renames can be done with config.plist instead of static patching.
- you have duplicate symbols somewhere. Try disassembly of your ACPI/patched files and you'll see: iasl -da -dl *.aml
result:
ACPI Error: [STFE] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20170831/dswload-498)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20170831/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS
- your config.plist/ACPI/DropTables is wrong (will matter if you switched to DropOem=false, without OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched)
- FixRegions_10000000 is a bad idea. set to false or remove.
- BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig are wrong. Refer to my guide plists for correct settings.
- config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true. You have it set false.
- none of then entries in config.plist/Devices/AddProperties are needed
- 5ghz patch not needed with your WiFi hardware
- not sure about the country code patch you have, but it appears to be a duplicate of the patch marked "5ghz"
- MacBookPro13,2 is likely a poor choice. Use MacBookPro13,1 or MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2
- do you have all three antennas connected to the WiFi/BT board?
- Google Chrome, Opera, and something called updd is attached to your USB ports. See FAQ for details and how to fix.
- your USB configuration is wrong (see FAQ for USBInjectAll guide). Hint: your UsbConnector values are wrong

Oh god. Here you are proving my skills a lot. Tomorrow i will try to fix all this up and learn something new! :)

About UPDD and tbupddmxhid.kext, that's a touchscreen driver made by Touchbase for multitouch support. It works pretty well!
Thank you again for everything!

Here's EFI folder with new origin files (still need to move kexts to S/L/E!)

EDIT: I have DW1830 on my laptop right now, both antenna cables are connected of course.
EDIT2: I figured it out now, I have DW1830 in my laptop right now and NOT DW1560. Sorry about that

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Okay! I couldn't sleep (I'm from Italy) so i did some work eheh :D
This was my very first time with ACPI/SSDT Patching so hope I did not anything wrong (everything seems to work).

What I did:
- Installed all Clover Kexts to S/L/E.
- [no idea what tbupddmxhid.kext is] - explained, Touchscreen Driver UPDD
- HibernationFixUp removed, but I would like to know more about hibernation (like hybrid one)
- Generated ACPI/origin files
- FixRegions_10000000 set to false
- config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should be true. You have it set false. Done.
- remove all entries in config.plist/Devices/AddProperties
- Removed not-needed WiFi patches
- Using MacBookPro13,1 as SMBIOS
- do you have all three antennas connected to the WiFi/BT board? Just two of them (the two that are close each other).
- Google Chrome, Opera, and something called updd is attached to your USB ports: I fixed for Chrome, uninstalled Opera. Don't know how to fix with updd (Touchscreen Driver) tho.
- your USB configuration is wrong (see FAQ for USBInjectAll guide). Hint: your UsbConnector values are wrong: proud to say CORRECTED (I think, I hope, Please tell me yes:D).

Need more explanation:
- BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig are wrong. Refer to my guide plists for correct settings: Which guide?

No Idea where to start:
- but your profile indicates you have no secondary graphics device, so chances are there is no need to patch SSDTs at all. All renames can be done with config.plist instead of static patching.
-->Question: If I do this I don't need SSDT Patching anymore right?

Thank you very much for your time!
Oh, after reboot I've put my laptop asleep and, after wake up, ping was 2-4ms SO IT MAY WORK. Needs more tests of course. If it works, which one could be the cause? UsbConnector values?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
  • ioreg.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 358
Need more explanation:
- BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig are wrong. Refer to my guide plists for correct settings: Which guide?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

No Idea where to start:
-->Question: If I do this I don't need SSDT Patching anymore right?

The guide plists have the common renames (GFX0->IGPU, HDAS->HDEF, etc).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Simple matter of using those patches (config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches), removing all OEM SSDTs from ACPI/patched, setting DropOem=false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back