Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell DW1515 aka AR9280 Mojave issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn’t take for me, but I use Kexts other folder and have inject Kexts = Yes. With = detect it may work but haven’t tested.

Installing a system kext to /L/E is the same as installing to /S/L/E, and same as installing to some PlugIns directory in either location. There is nothing special about PlugIns.

Installing a system kext to /L/E is the same as installing to /S/L/E, and same as installing to some PlugIns directory in either location. There is nothing special about PlugIns.

Great, make it happen!

Kexts other folder

Instead of putting these kexts into EFI/Clover/kexts/other, they should go into /System/Library/Extensions on your main drive

Instead of putting these kexts into EFI/Clover/kexts/other, they should go into /System/Library/Extensions on your main drive

Yes, I know, I tested in L/E, clover/kexts/other both the full family kext and the Atheros40 on its own. The only thing that worked for me was in S/L/E folder.

Does bluetooth still work? I have it showing in menu bar but shows as not available.

Does bluetooth still work? I have it showing in menu bar but shows as not available.
The AR9280 doesn't have BT. Wifi only.

The AR9280 doesn't have BT. Wifi only.

Dang, may have forgotten what I have then. Worked in HS. How can you find out what card you have inside? Not accessible without complete opening.

Dang, may have forgotten what I have then. Worked in HS. How can you find out what card you have inside? Not accessible without complete opening.
Use search tab for atheros Mojave.
There’s a thread to fix any atheros in Mojave go to the last page I posted DCPIManger app and instructions.

Yes, I know, I tested in L/E, clover/kexts/other both the full family kext and the Atheros40 on its own. The only thing that worked for me was in S/L/E folder.
Hey I am having this same issue and just found this thread. I had AR9280 working fine in HS but now in Mojave I get "no hardware". Is it just as simple as copying the kext into S/L/E and then do I need to rebuild the cache to get it to work? I tried putting it into L/E this morning but I didn't rebuild the cache, just rebooted, and that did not work. Also, if I clone the drive after getting it to work, do I also need to worry with copying the EFI folder? I'm a little confused on the difference between putting kexts into S/L/E and putting them into the other folder in Clover on the EFI.

Installing IO80211Family kext in other folder worked for me on catalina 10.15.5. Just added it and rebuilt cache. Seems to be working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back