Contribute
Register

[solved] Dell 7577 - USB Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my best with different scenarios but result is same. I will provide you problem reporting files.

When I compile DSDT.dsl , I get 0 error. I save as it DSDT.aml , then if I check it it says the same 3 errors again. I use latest builds from your bitbucket.

I gave up. If you say me specifically do this do that I can try as you say. I have insisted for a month already, it is not good for my health by myself anymore. When I set SMBIOS to 6,2 , it is laggy noticeable. macbookpro14,3 best except for usb parts.

Attachments

• debug_baruti2327.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
When I compile DSDT.dsl , I get 0 error. I save as it DSDT.aml , then if I check it it says the same 3 errors again. I use latest builds from your bitbucket.

It is normal/expected. The bug that creates the errors is in the iasl disassembler. There are no actual errors in the AML.

I gave up. If you say me specifically do this do that I can try as you say. I have insisted for a month already, it is not good for my health by myself anymore. When I set SMBIOS to 6,2 , it is laggy noticeable. macbookpro14,3 best except for usb parts.

Give up on what?

Note:
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your ioreg shows obvious SMBIOS truncation.
Requires config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true

It is normal/expected. The bug that creates the errors is in the iasl disassembler. There are no actual errors in the AML.

Give up on what?

Note:
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Installing kexts to Library/Extensions and setting DellSmbiosPatch=true resolve my problem with usb?

are dsdt/ssdt patches and config.plist good to go?

You answered clearly for the first time to me. I appreciate it.

Installing kexts to Library/Extensions and setting DellSmbiosPatch=true resolve my problem with usb?

I cannot predict the future.
But those mistakes are obvious ones you must fix.

This is the key. Maybe it is all about this from the beginning I am not sure. When I turn this true, all my USB ports are showing under ioreg. I can plug both usb2 and usb3. Thank you so much for the solution.

Now I have other problems like Audio, and I do need a proper patch for SSDT-UAIC.aml but these are off topic for now. We can make it ( SOLVED ) Thanks again @RehabMan
( I hope you can give me other advices of course , can I do something else for a better experience ? )

This is the key. Maybe it is all about this from the beginning I am not sure. When I turn this true, all my USB ports are showing under ioreg. I can plug both usb2 and usb3. Thank you so much for the solution.

Now I have other problems like Audio, and I do need a proper patch for SSDT-UAIC.aml but these are off topic for now. We can make it ( SOLVED ) Thanks again @RehabMan
( I hope you can give me other advices of course , can I do something else for a better experience ? )

Marked solved.
For your other issues, refer to the FAQ and linked guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back