Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GT 740
Hi All,

Just finished a successful upgrade to Sierra. The only crease to iron out regards booting into the correct volume. I have set up with Clover Configurator to boot into the volume Mac (My MacintoshHD name) by default. But, on boot it is set to to Boot OS X Install from Mac and not Mac.

IMG_0393.jpg

The UI for Clover shows the Install partition as the one to boot, first in the list and, I have to select the second drive in from the left, before the timed countdown, to boot from Mac. On previous installs, (El Capitan and Yosemite) the Install from Mac volume was always the second drive between Mac and Recovery, Mac being the first and default.

In case you are wondering the last three volumes above are for my cloned backup. These were present for El Capitan as well and never cased a problem. To be sure I tried with just the one disk in the machine and the same thing happens.

I also checked my bios and everything there looks in order.

Any suggestions appreciated on how to knock this one on the head.

Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator. Select "Boot" on the left side of the window. Enter the name of the drive you would like to boot from in the section on the right under "Default Boot Volume".

Open your config.plist in Clover Configurator. Select "Boot" on the left side of the window. Enter the name of the drive you would like to boot from in the section on the right under "Default Boot Volume".
Yep done all that already, like I usually do but Clover decides it is going to use the install drive.

SOLVED!!!

The phantom install partition happened to be a leftover installer from El Capitan. To get rid of it I hit spacebar and info was provided to the effect that it was related to macOS 10.11. Other information revealed a path to IABootFiles/boot.efi. This is a hidden directory at the root of the boot drive and as indicated contains a boot.efi file. Deleting .IABootFiles solves the problem.

Thank you.

For me, there was an boot.efi in 'OS X Install Data'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back