2. Classic
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
  6. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED]

Hello all! I've ready through almost all of the replies about this issue and I haven't been able to find any solutions.

I'm running an Asus P8H67-MPRO i7 board (not over-clocked) with NVIDIA 460GTX (v1) and an Intel SSD. My DSDT is hand made by me and worked 100% on 10.8.2, including audio, usb 3.0, sleep etc. I used the TRIM Enabler (worked fine). Now I've installed the Combo-Update, ran MB with User DSDT and the iMac 13,1 profile as I did when I did the 10.8.2 combo update. I'll attach my smbios, dsdt and bootlist as well as the screenshot that everyone on here has been inundated with the past couple days, macx_swapon SUCCESS lockup.

I can boot into safe mode fine, but -v or no flag always give me the lockup in the same spot.

I have reinstalled the combo update twice, removed the AppleHDGraphics kexts including the 4000 and 3000 ones (around 10 or so kexts), enabled TRIM successfully in safe mode and turned off the onboard graphics and audio from my EFI BIOS setup.

I'm stumped at this one. Usually I just read the error, fix the file that's broken with a patch or by removing it if unneeded.

My problem is there is no error that I can see in the screen output. Does anyone have more options to try and fix this other than remove graphics kexts?

THanks!

P

ETA: Solution in Post 2

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 315
Custom DSDT and BIOS, macx_swapon SUCCESS lockup

OK, so the solution to my issue, not sure if this will work for anyone else, was to reset to optimal defaults in the EFI BIOS and then manually set the graphics to use PCIe first instead of auto-detecting.

So step by step:

Install 10.8.3 Combo Update
Reboot
System won't boot, it is stuck at macx_swapon success
Reboot into safe mode (-x)
reset TRIM, install CUDA drivers, run MB set User DSDT and System Profile as iMac13,1
reboot, open EFI BIOS, Advanced mode, OnBoard Configuration, Set First Graphics Adapter to PCI
reboot, no flags, good to go!

Woot!

(I think just posting my question to the forums made my computer get back in step lol)

Thanks for all the ideas in the other posts y'all!

P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back