Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [Solved] Crazy mdworker | Random Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Haven't had a crash in 12 hours of stress testing, including repeating the exact actions that would make it instantly crash before. I've also tested adding back in all my old drivers to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI but they don't appear to make a difference. Dropbox is running without issue. Spotlight caches were cleared on all disks and reinitiated only on my boot disk. There only remains two potential sources of remediation:

1) Deleting all system files starting with . from the EFI partition (was likely the solution)
2) Updating Clover from r4411 to r4961 (unlikely the solution)

All the best and thank you guys for always being here when I need help! Hope I can pay it forward :thumbup:

Update: Marking thread as Solved since I haven't had a random reboot in over a week. The computer still did reboot after 4+ hours of sleeping, but that was resolved by disabling Power Nap.

To reiterate, my issue of random reboots and mdworker going crazy were fixed by:
1) Deleting all system files starting with . from the EFI partition (was likely the solution)

Wishing you all happy hacking!

Reactions: Con
Update: Marking thread as Solved since I haven't had a random reboot in over a week. The computer still did reboot after 4+ hours of sleeping, but that was resolved by disabling Power Nap.

To reiterate, my issue of random reboots and mdworker going crazy were fixed by:

Wishing you all happy hacking!

excellent, thanks for all of this - this, I hope, is what i've been dealing with for the past while – looking forward to remedying the Z170 now

excellent, thanks for all of this - this, I hope, is what i've been dealing with for the past while – looking forward to remedying the Z170 now

Need any help? Did this thread help at all?

Wishing you good luck! Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back