Motherboard
Asus B85M
CPU
Intel i5 4690
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys, I had everything working perfect when I had to update.
Following the instructions, one of the rebooting stuck at "Attempting system restart... MACH Reboot". I know this could mean anything, so I upload a Screenshot.
I don't know what to Google about to solve this problem, so I hope you guys could give me a clue what's going on.
My guess is the Nvidia drivers because I had a bad time fixing it 1st time I installed.

Thanks

151026969485656535986.jpg

@Arthurgom, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details). Your motherboard is not OSx 10.11
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Try:
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders_20000000=true

Thanks for the advice. I fixed my profile.

Well, it will take a while, because I have to create another bootable iOS flash drive to access the config.plist, since I cant boot anymore.
If you know a better way to change it without booting into the OS, let me know.

Tnx in advance

@BreBo, by checking FixHeaders outputs the same problem. Nothing changes. But I realize that the problem only occurs when I select "Install from ..." at Clover, to continue the update, and not to "Boot OS X".

At last I manage to get update done, and everything working.
To whom it may concern, and has the same issue:
The problem was my outdated Clover, fakeSMC and some missing kext at efi/clover/kexts/10.13. (A very basic problem, shame on me). I downloaded the new ones and put there, checking the "Inject Kexts" at Clover Configurator. There should be no copies of fakeSMC at S/L/E!
Until then everything was fine, but with no accelerated graphics.
At the install of Nvidia WebDriver, I had another problem with a looping boot and NoDevice (at safe mode). It turned out that the problem was I had to enable SIP to install the Nvidia drivers. I don't know if i'm allowed to post external links here but if you search for "How to properly Install Nvidia Drivers on High Sierra 10.13", you find out how to regain access to OS X, and make it works. Also, we have this great forum with great moderators to help.

Tnx

Hi, could you provide a link to which instructions you followed? I am also thinking of doing the same and have the same setup as you ex the video card. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back