i5 7600K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I successfully install macOS Sierra on my machine expect for one, not a huge, but irritating problem. Like 50% of the boots I get the message is attached in the post. If I do one or two reboots, it normally boots into Sierra.

On a rare case, it gives the error that it has an error when loading the kernel cache but I could not find the error to make a picture of it, I also don't know the exact errorcode it gives me. EDIT: Did manage to get a picture, see attachment.

Can you please help me find a solution for this?

Attachments

• IMG_20170711_124458.jpg
    IMG_20170711_124458.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5,707
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5,547
Last edited:
Like 50% of the boots I get the message is attached in the post. If I do one or two reboots, it normally boots into Sierra.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
Ah, something must have gone wrong when uploading. Both errors are attached now. Sorry for the hassle.

Can you please help me find a solution for this?
Add slide=0 kernel flag to the Boot Arguments in Clover's config.plist
Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.

Add slide=0 kernel flag to the Boot Arguments in Clover's config.plist
Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.

I did this and now it's not booting at all. Just hangs at couldn't allocate runtime area. The code is a bit different tho, attached it.
EDIT: It does boot again without the slide flag. Still got the error after a reboot but at least I can boot back into Sierra.

EDIT2: Setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 also breaks my Nvidia drivers, setting it back to 0x03 and leaving slide = 0 does make me boot. It still gives the error sometimes.

Attachments

• IMG_20170711_165510.jpg
    IMG_20170711_165510.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 2,589
Last edited:
Bump, does anyone have a solution?

Last edited:
Hello,
I had te same problem with OsxAptioFix2Drv and OsxAptioFixDrv on the beginning - "Couldn't allocate runtime area" every time.
Later on I installed CsmVideoDxe-64 (probably not connected with issue or maybe??) and once again OsxAptioFixDrv, because it's having
"using reloc block yes hibernate wake no" and it's working fine now.

Have you tried OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv ?
Or if that doesn't do the trick try nickwoodhams.com OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.
hi, i tried this following the above link but when clover boots it doesnt show the highsierra installer, can i get some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back