Contribute
Register

[Solved] Couldn't allocate runtime area error during clover boot install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
My motherboard is damaged because of this and it wont boot to menu it will not boot to menu no matter which ports i use - it will go into a looping black screen of death.

Luckily my motherboard is under warranty and will get replaced.
I thought I'd done the same. Unplug the machine and take out the CMOS battery for an hour or so. Then try again. My machine was dead after trying that OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 - DO NOT TRY THIS WITH A Z390 BOARD

I eventually got it working by using F6 to reset to "Optimised Defaults". Machine booting now

I thought I'd done the same. Unplug the machine and take out the CMOS battery for an hour or so. Then try again. My machine was dead after trying that OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 - DO NOT TRY THIS WITH A Z390 BOARD

I eventually got it working by using F6 to reset to "Optimised Defaults". Machine booting now
A lot of us running Z390 Gigabyte boards are running aptiofix2...free2k. You have to make sure you have slide=0 as well as EmuVariableUefi.efi. Those 3 compliment each other well. I cat speak to msi boards, but don't make a blanket statement. Every manufacturer implements their bios/uefi differently which is why so many aptio fixes exist.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 6.13.17 PM.png

That's funny, because I went with several different versions and none of them work as well as emuvariable+aptio2, 2k. Months and I mean months of troubleshooting.

Yeah, for many people, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi gives the most consistent booting.

But if the dev of the driver himself warn against it's use, I'm not going to question him.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 9.07.05 PM.png

Yeah, for many people, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi gives the most consistent booting.

But if the dev of the driver himself warn against it's use, I'm not going to question him.

View attachment 437753
I hear you. Looks like I have to start that mission again, lol.

We see this problem quite often. But first, please update your Profile with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics information.

Two things to try:
  • Enable "slide=0". When you boot your USB flash disk and Clover appears, press SPACE bar then check-on the 4th item in the list: Disable KASLR (slide=0)
  • If this still causes the memory allocation problem, replace AptioMemoryFix-64 in your EFI/CLOVER/driversUEFI64 folder with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 which you can download from bullet #3. And use this with and without "slide=0" to see which combination works.
Update: Thanks for updating your profile. On H370 boards, slide=0 usually does not work (you should try anyway), but OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 seems to have good results.

Hello,

New here and I was coming along this issue and your post here helped. Specifically the linked site to bullet #3. I went and replaced the AptioMemoryFix with the recommended OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and now my system is booting up just fine. Not only that, but before this, I was having issues where a restart or a reboot would hang and freeze up and my bluetooth to my devices such as my Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse were not functioning well. With this help, I was able to fix all of what I mentioned. I am still testing to see what else was fixed. Just thought I'd share. Very grateful. Thank you.

Hello,

New here and I was coming along this issue and your post here helped. Specifically the linked site to bullet #3. I went and replaced the AptioMemoryFix with the recommended OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and now my system is booting up just fine. Not only that, but before this, I was having issues where a restart or a reboot would hang and freeze up and my bluetooth to my devices such as my Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse were not functioning well. With this help, I was able to fix all of what I mentioned. I am still testing to see what else was fixed. Just thought I'd share. Very grateful. Thank you.
No, don't use that. You can get it to work without it. I no longer am using any AptioFix and everything is working. Sleep check. Restart check. Shutdown check. Bluetooth check. dGpu and iGpu both enabled... Check! Take a look at my folder and see if it works for you link here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 11.42.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 11.42.26 PM.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 134
No, don't use that. You can get it to work without it. I no longer am using any AptioFix and everything is working. Sleep check. Restart check. Shutdown check. Bluetooth check. dGpu and iGpu both enabled... Check! Take a look at my folder and see if it works for you link here
You're not using any memory fix driver at all? And macOS still boots up okay?

You're not using any memory fix driver at all? And macOS still boots up okay?
Yes. Not sure what changed. I deleted AptioFix 2000 and the only thing that isn't right is that after selecting your OS the screen goes black until Apple loads the graphics drivers about 18s later (the 18s always happens, but normally you have a progress bar).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back