Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
Core i7 6700K / 4GHz
Graphics
Onboard or Gigabyte GTX-1080
First, I've searched the threads here on this subject, and found many. But none seem to match what I'm seeing. First, the background...

The parts: Antec P100 case with GA-Z170X-UD3, Toughpower 750W, Core i7 6700K / 4GHz unlocked, ETS-T40fit CPU cooler, 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Ballistix Sport LT 32GB, GeForce GTX 1080, FV-T919 WiFi/Bluetooth.

I followed the guides and created a working hackintosh. But I had no audio after sleep. In trying to fix that (by installing some SMBIOS config stuff). Clearly I screwed up, because I booted to a black screen. After trying some fixes, I thought it'd be easiest to start over, as I hadn't really set very much up yet.

I removed the hard drive from the Frankenmac and formatted it (including the hidden partitions) on my iMac (using diskutil to write 0s to the boot sector). I took out the NVidia card, so I was back to using onboard video. I also created a fresh USB stick installer with UniBeast, Sierra installer, and MultiBeast. I put the drive back in the hackintosh, and it ran through the installer just fine.

However, on restart, it's stuck in an endless reboot loop - it gets about 3/4ths of the way through, then reboots after loading (trying to load?) the ALF.kext. I've attached a screenshot, and I have a video of the whole boot process if it would be useful.

I have absolutely no idea what's happening nor why — this is the exact same setup I used to create the machine the first time, and it worked without a hiccup. Now it's stuck in the reboot loop, and I'm at wits end. All help appreciated.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 679
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

OK, I added to my profile. But it's also in the thread post itself, which I think would satisfy the rules :). Sorry for not understanding before posting.

I'm not sure I understand: I included my system information. What's missing?
That's fine - It's in your profile now.
It wasn't there when you first posted.

Attach your config.plist.

I added to my profile. But it's also in the thread post itself, which I think would satisfy the rules.
The rules require that your system specs are in your profile not some random place of your own choosing.
This way you only have to enter them once and everyone can find them without searching this whole thread and any subsequent ones.

Got it, and again, sorry for not understanding that bit of the rules before posting.

OK, got it, I think. (That was tricky, because I can't boot into macOS, so I had to find/mount the EFI and USB stick in single user mode, then cp the config. I think/hope I got the right one.)

thanks!

Attachments

• myconfig.plist
    5 KB · Views: 287
OK, got it, I think. (That was tricky, because I can't boot into macOS, so I had to find/mount the EFI and USB stick in single user mode, then cp the config. I think/hope I got the right one.)

thanks!
Is this the config from your hard drive or your USB ?
Which one are you booting with ?
Are you currently using the integrated graphics or the GTX 1080 ?

That's the config from the hard drive. The GTX is uninstalled, sitting on the desk. I was trying to boot from the hard drive, after successfully (I thought) running the installer. But it seems the install wasn't successful, because when I boot from the thumb drive, I'm booted into the installer.

When the installer is nearly done, it says it's restarting the Mac to finish, as usual. But then, I think it's stuck in the reboot loop, so it can't ever finish what it needs to do.

What's very confusing is that this "just worked" the first time I did it.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back