Contribute
Register

[Solved] Coffee Lake i7-8700K and AsRock z370 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac - graphics and USB issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASrock z370 Fatal1ty Gaming mini-ITX/ac
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
UHD630/GTX 1070
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally managed to put my build together. I crammed everything into a Node 202. Damn it was hard, but worh it. Looks so pretty now. It booted my old Sierra SDD just fine. I had put the required kexts in the EFI folder prior to building the PC.

Sound worked out of the box. Graphics come up on screen, but they are a bit buggy. I'm using only the integrated HD630 graphics at the moment.

What I need to get fixed is the HDMI (graphics and audio) for the Intel HD630 and USB. For some reason some USB devices do not show up. USB thumb drives and external USB-SATA dock for example.

I'm not quite sure what to do. I've tried the 200-series port limit fix, but that didn't work. Does it only work for 200-series boards? For graphics I tried to install all the suggested kexts and patches. They don't seem to work either.

Edit: Got USB port limit fixed with an SSDT patch.
Got graphics kinda fixed with graphics settings via Clover configurator. They can still be buggy but at least I get video via HDMI and Display port now. HDMI audio still didn't work.

I tried to install Hardware monitor with FakeSMC kexts, but it bricked my system. Or maybe it was the enable HDMI audio option in Clover configurator settings. Either way that sucked balls. Now I somehow managed to boot to my system again with High Sierra installer USB.

Edit2: I had to reinstall the whole thing. This time I installed High Sierra 10.13.2. Install went fine, but I can't boot the OS without safe mode.

Last edited:
Solution was to first recreate the macOS boot drive with disport, then reinstall everything. Decided to be lazy and go with multicast post install. I selected Clover install, HD630 Graphics, iMac 18,3 SMBIOS and correct ethernet. I then installed audio kexts and patched audio in Clover Configurator manually. I did the same for USB. Now USB is working. Graphics are mostly working, but no HDMI.

Maybe this thread could be useful. I wonder if thunderbolt works. Did you try it? What about multi monitor?

Last edited:
Thanks. I have some questions about your config.plist, if you don't mind:
  1. Acpi/DSDT patches. Why did you disable "change GFX0 to IGPU"? This is supposed to be injecting proper name to Intel graphics in macOS
  2. I see you added "change EC0 to EC", but you didn't use any ssdt.aml to complete the USB power injection job, as explained by Rehabman here
  3. Boot/Arguments. Is "dart=0" really necessary? Did you try to boot without it?
  4. Devices/Properties. What does UseIntelHDMI do?
  5. Devices/Audio. Why did you use ResetHDA? And why did you inject 11? I guess the right value for desktop would be 1. What are your Audio Outputs in System Preferences?
  6. Graphics. I'm afraid that using "Inject Intel" without specific ig-platform-id leads clover to look at the SMBIOS section (I'm not sure). What does your IOReg shows under IGPU (in your case I guess GFX0, since you didn't rename GFX0 to IGPU)? Here's mine
    full
  7. No SSDT for USB mapping? Are you planning to use "change 15 port limit to 24" patch permanently?
Sorry for all these questions, but I'm studying the coffe lake platform, and without hardware, it's a bit tricky. I'd also like to see your IOReg dump, if you don't mind.
Thank you in advance

Graphics work natively on 10.13.3 so no need for those ptches. Also ko need for ssdt, just use plugin type.

Use HDMI doesn’t do anything. I just left it on. No harm done.

Correct audio id is 11. It works perfectly.

USB works perfectly as well. Not going to change anything.

Solution was to first recreate the macOS boot drive with disport, then reinstall everything. Decided to be lazy and go with multicast post install. I selected Clover install, HD630 Graphics, iMac 18,3 SMBIOS and correct ethernet. I then installed audio kexts and patched audio in Clover Configurator manually. I did the same for USB. Now USB is working. Graphics are mostly working, but no HDMI.

Hej!

I just built my first hackintosh and I have a similar system, but i can not get my audio to work. How can I install the audio kext and patch in clover? And where do I can get the audio.kext?

Thanks & Greetings

Do not use multibeast. Find AppleALC.kext from github and install it to your boot drives EFI/Clover/kexts/other folder. In Clover config you need to set these options:

Under ACPI
- rename HDAS to HDEF

Under Devices
- inject audio ID 11
- select Reset HDA

You should also get the latest Lilu.kext and install it in EFI/Clover/kexts/other.

I replied to this thread previously, suggesting a certain guide, but I guess there are some bullshaite politics involved so my comment was deleted?

Use google to find the forum. You can searcy for tiny turd and you will find it. You will also find pictures of tiny turds. :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back