Contribute
Register

[Solved] clover wont inject kexts (i've ruin my build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4440S
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A month ago I make a success build with Sierra and wrote a guide for it here.

until recently i was testing out old hardware and installing shitty kexts. the os is fine but i wanted a clean install. I did a clean install, followed my guide as usual. then something bad happen;

this is how i get my wifi
- mount efi drive
- drag toleda wifi kext into folder 10.12
- reboot and wifi shoud work right? nope
* but do you know what work? KextBeast!! why didnt it inject kext from EFI DRIVE?

i ignore that and use a wifi dongle to get online. Trying to get hdmi audio now;
- mount efi drive
- run the auto command
- reboot and i get audio but not through hdmi port

i've;
- reflash motherboard bios
- install windows to format the entire hdd (recovery, efi, sierra) partition, make sure wifi work on windows
- then install osx again

nothing work anymore except nvidia gfx

Last edited:
If you have FakeSMC installed to /L/E or /S/L/E and InjectKexts=Detect, no kext injection will take place

i use multibeast sierra edition and FakeSMC is mandatory
You don't get it. The injection only takes place when FakeSMC isn't in the prelinked kernel (Recovery, Installer etc) i.e. you "install" kexts to one of your system Extensions folders with multibeast or kextbeast, and you "inject" fakesmc when it isn't installed (along with other "essential" kexts)

A month ago I make a success build with Sierra and wrote a guide for it here.

until recently i was testing out old hardware and installing shitty kexts. the os is fine but i wanted a clean install. I did a clean install, followed my guide as usual. then something bad happen;

this is how i get my wifi
- mount efi drive
- drag toleda wifi kext into folder 10.12
- reboot and wifi shoud work right? nope
* but do you know what work? KextBeast!! why didnt it inject kext from EFI DRIVE?

i ignore that and use a wifi dongle to get online. Trying to get hdmi audio now;
- mount efi drive
- run the auto command
- reboot and i get audio but not through hdmi port

i've;
- reflash motherboard bios
- install windows to format the entire hdd (recovery, efi, sierra) partition, make sure wifi work on windows
- then install osx again

nothing work anymore except nvidia gfx

At Post install its never good idea to Inject Kexts via the Bootloader. Kexts goes in L/E. Kexts that goes in EFI/Clover/kexts/other are for booting into the recovery partition & installer.

Problem Solved!

I been reformatting over and over for the past couple weeks thinking my EFI partition is messing with me. When all I had to do was reinstall ALC AUDIO via MultiBeast and run audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command. I finally get to see a different set of questions below;

No HDMI audio codec(s) detected, continue (y/n): y
HDMI audio codec(s)
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1380 found on PEG0@1/PEGP@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is not enabled
Install Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt (y/n): y
Download SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 ...

reboot and yes! I got HDMI audio. For some reason audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0f3.command didn't work this time around.

Last edited:
Problem Solved!

I been reformatting over and over for the past couple weeks thinking my EFI partition is messing with me. When all I had to do was reinstall ALC AUDIO via MultiBeast and run audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command. I finally get to see a different set of questions below;

No HDMI audio codec(s) detected, continue (y/n): y
HDMI audio codec(s)
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1380 found on PEG0@1/PEGP@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is not enabled
Install Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt (y/n): y
Download SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0 ...

reboot and yes! I got HDMI audio. For some reason audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0f3.command didn't work this time around.

Your setup is wrong. Dedicated Graphics should be coming under GFX0. You also wouldn't need a patched AppleHDAInjector if you injected HDAU via ACPI.

Last edited:
PEGP is normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back