Q6600
Graphics
GT 430
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I installed El capitan on my machine using unibeast 6 and it seems to work very very well except for two things : audio (AD1988B, not even seen by the OS, and so I'm using nVidia HDMI audio, but that's another story) and a strange sluggish thing at boot.

The PC takes around 4 seconds, from the moment I push the power button, to get to clover and then, it appears a little dash in upper left corner and it takes around 25/30 seconds (!!!) to get to clover screen.
From then, once clover starts I mean, it boots up in less than 3 seconds.

The point is, the OS is installed in OCZ super fast SSD and there are no other drives attached.

So where does all this lagginess come from?!? Why 20 seconds to load clover?!
Is it normal? Is it just Clover? Can I do anything about it?

It slows my boot down of at least 25 seconds.

I know that it isn't a crucial problem since my OS works fine, but it's really annoying and I reckon that there should be a reason for this.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT : That is solved! Just have a look at the last post! Enable CloverEFI 64bits BiosBlockIO instead of SATA during Clover installation process. :)

Last edited:
Clover Very Slow to start up

I'm stretching, but -- can you look at your boot settings in BIOS? Turn off search for floppy disks or CD drives or UEFI devices or boot from LAN or anything you're not going to be booting with? Make sure the drive you have Clover on is set to first in the boot device priority list?

I'm stretching, but -- can you look at your boot settings in BIOS? Turn off search for floppy disks or CD drives or UEFI devices or boot from LAN or anything you're not going to be booting with? Make sure the drive you have Clover on is set to first in the boot device priority list?

Thank you for your answer.
I made the changes to the BIOS you suggested but nothing has changed, but I noticed something more.

Before the little dash in upper left corner, it says boot0f or something like that and it should be clover that it's been initializing.

So I think that the sluggish performance may be due to clover.
What do you think?

Has anyone else got a problem like this?

Thank you!

Your OCZ is attached to an Intel SATA controller? or maybe another brand (like Asmedia)?

Yes my OCZ is attached to an Intel SATA controller.
However I found a solution!!!

SOLUTION : Just install CloverEFI bits BiosBlockIO instead of traditional CloverEFI 64 SATA!!!

It boosted my boot time from 30 seconds to 2/3 seconds!! Just what I wanted!! :)

That's the way I have installed Clover in my old rig, but I have my OCZ in the Asmedia controller (Sata 3-6Gb/s). Using Clover Sata 64 instead BlockIO causes hang my system just in the black screen with the corner little dash.

With the BlockIO driver no more problems. :)

That's the way I have installed Clover in my old rig, but I have my OCZ in the Asmedia controller (Sata 3-6Gb/s). Using Clover Sata 64 instead BlockIO causes hang my system just in the black screen with the corner little dash.

With the BlockIO driver no more problems.

I have a sabertooh x58 and I have the same problem, my system just in the black screen with the corner little dash for a minute and only then the clover shows up.

Can you explain how I use the BlockIO driver, I m using Multibeast for OS Sierra?

Thank you in advance.

So strange , I ran literally years with clover and a fast boot , but now , i havent changed anything, it takes 2 minutes to boot.
It shows be 10 seconds to show 'scan hardware' any idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back