Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Clover Update r4586 disables OS Boot (Black Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did tutorial but when i check fs0...drivers64uefi seems like nothing i there.
It says: ls File not found...Pic:

Though It booted sierra which was the goal, but should I worry about something?

Btw mods. if you could be as elaborative with you tutorials like this dude you would have a lot less questions and posts in forum, and lot less angry people

Attachments

• 20180903_180852.jpg
    20180903_180852.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 251
I did tutorial but when i check fs0...drivers64uefi seems like nothing i there.
It says: ls File not found...Pic:

Though It booted sierra which was the goal, but should I worry about something?

Btw mods. if you could be as elaborative with you tutorials like this dude you would have a lot less questions and posts in forum, and lot less angry people

I can not tell you, what went wrong. Make sure you typed a small "L" and not a capital "i".

I do not understand your remark about "less questions and posts in forum, an lot less angry people". I am not aware of somebody who is angry about me... Can you explain, please?

Thank you so much for this tutorial.
You are a real lifesaver.
It fixed everything on my system and I'm back up and running.

After I updated to Clover 4586 and could no longer boot up my computer, I was in a panic. I'm sure I wasn't the only one, and I'm sure there are still a number of others out there still trying to figure this out, so I felt a direct and easily-accessible thread was a good resort for anyone still struggling to get this figured out!

After searching myself to near-death for hours on-end, I finally found this amazing comment by @ukulele01 with a thorough explanation of how to fix the situation using back-up files that are already easily accessible on your computer via the Clover Shell. [Note: YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANY EXTERNAL FILES OR REFRESH YOUR OS TO PERFORM THIS UPDATE!! Just follow the instructions.]

Source Link: [REPORT] issue with clover 4586 - MacOS 10.13.5
Source Post:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, @ukulele01 , YOU'RE BRILLIANT AND YOU SAVED MY SANITY!!! The refresher course on using Clover Shell was a nice addition to finally getting my Hack up and running again, too. So seriously, thank you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
When I first attempted to get this worked out, I was over-exhausted, hadn't changed anything on my Hackintosh in over a year so felt a bit out of practice on the whole process, and felt stupid because of it! ..But after getting some long-needed sleep.. ..I figured it out!! >< So for anyone else feeling too exhausted to think, a bit out of practice or just stupid, like myself, THIS WALKTHROUGH IS FOR YOU!

PRE-NOTES: Once you're in Clover Shell...
• Press the "page up" and "page down" buttons on your keyboard to scroll through the Clover Shell data
• To see a fresh list of the Drives you will be exploring in this tutorial, type "map"
• To open/select one of the drives, you will type "FS#:" [With the #, being the number of the drive you are checking]
• To check/List the contents of the drive selected, you will type "ls"
• To view/list the Contents of a Directory within your selected drive, you will type "cd DIRECTORY_NAME" [with the "DIRECTORY_NAME" in my example being the name of the directory listed on the right end]
• To Copy over the missing file from one directory to another, you will type "cp" followed by the path to the file you need to copy, followed by the path to the location it needs to be copied to [Example shown below]
• The missing file you are looking for is entitled, "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi"

PROCESS:
1. AS Ukulele01 explains, after your clover screen has booted up, hit 'right' on your keyboard until you select the Clover Shell. Hit Enter.
2. After Shell has loaded, a list of "FS#:" drives will be listed. One of these drives will have the back-up file you need to fix the problem, and another one of them will have the drive that's missing this file, causing the problem!
3. So to find which Drive is which, we're going to check them, one by one, starting with the first one shown! To check them, you will...
3a. Starting with the first drive listed, type "FS#:" [with the # being the number of the drive shown]
3b. To list the contents of this drive, type "ls"
4a. After typing "ls" in your selected Drive, you will know if it is the correct Drive if you see both of these items listed as Directories [To be more specific, I knew mine was the correct one when I saw the OS and "EFI-Backups" Directories listed.​
5. After you have located "EFI-Backups", enter this Directory by typing "cd EFI-Backups" and hitting enter
6. After entering this Directory, you should see a list of backups listed as "r####" [with the #'s being a string of various number combinations].
6a. Now you're going to want to check each of these back-ups, just like you checked each of the Drives!
6b. Just as before, we are going to check these Directories by typing "cd r####" [with #### being the string of numbers listed]
6c. After entering the 'r####' back-up, you will then likely find a list of dates, which yes, you have to check too! To shorten time, I suggest checking the last/newest one.
6d. So go up the list checking these dates, again by typing "cd DATE". [The "DATE" in this example will look similar to something like "2018-07-10-10h32"]
6e. When you find the date that has the Directory "EFI", which has the Directory "CLOVER", which has the Directory "drivers64UEFI", which has the file "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi" listed, you know YOU'VE WON!!
Here's a picture of when I first found my missing file.
View attachment 340584

As shown in the path at the bottom of the picture, the path to my missing file was, "FS1:\EFI-Backups\r4063\2018-07-10-10h32\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi"
7. Like my own, your missing file path will be along the lines of "FS#:\EFI-Backups\r####\####-##-##-##h##\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi"
8. Hold onto this path, you will need it later!!

..WOOHOO, OBJECTIVE ONE HAS BEEN MET!! Furthermore...

10. After you have located the drive with "EFI", search that Directory with "cd EFI", in which you should then find the Directory "CLOVER", which has the Directory "drivers64UEFI"
11. THIS IS THE DIRECTORY THAT NEEDS THE MISSING FILE!! WOOO!

Here's a picture of when I first found my lacking Directory.
View attachment 340590

12. As shown in the path at the bottom of the picture, again, my path that requires the missing file to fix the boot problem was, "FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\"
13. Like my own, your lacking directory path will be along the same lines of "FS#:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\"
14. Hold on to this path too, you will also need it later!!

..HUZZAH, OBJECTIVE TWO MET!! Onward..

15. So now, I don't know if this was necessary or not, but to return to the initial Shell, I reset my computer and entered the Clover Shell once again. This is where those paths we saved come in handy!
16. This time I typed "cp" followed by the [missing file path] followed by the [lacking Directory path]. In Example...
16a. For mine I typed, "cp FS1:\EFI-Backups\r4063\2018-07-10-10h32\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\" and hit enter.​
17. If this works, it will then relay a statement starting with "Copying" - your string - " - [ok]"

Here's a picture of when I reset my Clover Shell and copied the file over...
View attachment 340593

YAAAAAAAAY, IT WORKED!!! ..But to double check, I did go back into the originally Lacking Directory to make sure the new file was there, and of course it was. As shown...
View attachment 340598

...So yeah. Now just pick back up on ukulele01's directions.
18. Type in "exit" and Reboot your system.
29. Now your OS should load up just fine with no issues, and you should be all good. ^^

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH, @ukulele01 FOR ALL YOUR HELP!! I hope this post makes it easier for people to find the answer to this issue, and I hope my extra notes make it easier for others who aren't so experienced to understand it!
THAAAAAANK YOOOOUUU!!!

Cat
This is really working !!! You are so helpful!!!!

It might be of interest for some of you to know, that there is a new issue updating newer versions to Clover 4658 and how to solve the issue.

ISSUE:

I had a (almost) fully functional Clover 4630 dual boot configuration to OSX 10.13.6 and SuseLinux. After discovering the potential of Clover Configurator I updated enthusiastically my Clover from 4630 to 4658 with a Black Screen after reboot and Clover UI.

SOLVING the issue:

This posts from early 2018 is solving a similar issue by copying OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from the youngest of the old Clover-/EFI-Backups to new /EFI with the Clover-Shell. Back then the new AptioMemoryFix-64.efi caused that problem from older Clover versions.

Trying to solve the matter with the suggested method I found out, that my old EFI-Backup of my youngest Clover 4630-EFI-Backup did NOT contain the old OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi but already the new AptioMemoryFix-64.efi. And my new \EFI did NOT contain one or the other of these files!

So I copied the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi from the FS?\EFI-Backups\rXXXX\YYYY-MM-DD-HHhMIN\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI directory to the FS??\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ directory. (Explanation for the Link: XXXX is the last Clover version, which worked for you, e.g. r4630 for Clover 4630. YYYY is the year, MM the month, dd the the day and HH the hour and MIN the minutes of your last EFI-backup. So for me it looked like ...\r4630\2018-08-23-21h45\EFI\...

For all the newbees like me:

1. Boot your computer.

2. If clover pops up, hit one of the arrow keys to stop the automatic countdown to boot an OS.

3. Click with your mouse the Clover Shell symbol (usually most left in the 2nd row beneath your boot options).

4. Type "map". You will get a list of your drives.

5. Make a list of your drives at paper with a pen. (Yeah, real high tech!) FS0: FS1: ...

6. Start with your first drive by typing "FS1:" and hit enter.

7. Type "ls" (small "L" with a small "s"). You´ll get a list of directories.

8. If you get a directory named "EFI" or "EFI-Backups" type for instance "cd EFI" and hit enter.

9. In our example you will (after typing "ls" in the EFI-directory) see a Clover-directory. Repeat the cd - ls - sequence until you see the directories at the lowest level with your missing and containing AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, respectively. To move to higher levels, type "cd.."

10. Make notes, where your missing file (AptioMemoryFix-64.efi) is (in the EFI-backups-link) and where your file is needed (in the EFI-Link). DO NOT REBOOT your computer!!! (For me it changed all the numbers of the drives, so I had to start with 4.) again.)

11. Type your version of "cp FS?\EFI-Backups\rXXXX\YYYY-MM-DD-HHhMIN\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\AptioMemoryFix-64.efi FS??\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\" and hit enter. You should get a success note after the procedure ("OK").

12. Reboot computer.

13. Enjoy booting OSX again.

I hope this helps guys like me, not having a backup of an alternative booting the backup of an older Clover-version.

Thk U so much man. You save my life ;)

Hey!
I have the same issue. But in my case the Shift key on my keyboard dosn‘t work in the shell, so it‘d impossible for me to type an „:“.
Any ideas to fix it?

Best!

Hey!
I have the same issue. But in my case the Shift key on my keyboard dosn‘t work in the shell, so it‘d impossible for me to type an „:“.
Any ideas to fix it?

Best!
I fixed by using a ps2 keyboard that I had on my basement, and it worked!!

Last edited:
Hey!
Any ideas to fix it?

Best!

I had the same, but I was able to get into my system by booting from a bootable usb with my operating system on it and clover installed to it as well (search this site, you'll find how to do it). Just be sure to select OsxAptioFixDrv-64 during instalation of clover on the usb stick. Then select the usb as boot option, and when you get to the clover screen, choose 'Boot from OS X [your version] on HD'. When you're in, reinstall clover on the hdd/ssd of your computer with that OsxAptioFixDrv-64 option checked. Much easier then doing all the Clover Shell stuff imho.

I had the same, but I was able to get into my system by booting from a bootable usb with my operating system on it and clover installed to it as well (search this site, you'll find how to do it). Just be sure to select OsxAptioFixDrv-64 during instalation of clover on the usb stick. Then select the usb as boot option, and when you get to the clover screen, choose 'Boot from OS X [your version] on HD'. When you're in, reinstall clover on the hdd/ssd of your computer with that OsxAptioFixDrv-64 option checked. Much easier then doing all the Clover Shell stuff imho.

Hey Dizono,

Any chance you can be a little more specific for the n00bs? I think I roughly follow you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back