Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Clover Update r4586 disables OS Boot (Black Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROCESS:
1. AS Ukulele01 explains, after your clover screen has booted up, hit 'right' on your keyboard until you select the Clover Shell. Hit Enter.
2. After Shell has loaded, a list of "FS#:" drives will be listed. One of these drives will have the back-up file you need to fix the problem, and another one of them will have the drive that's missing this file, causing the problem!
3. So to find which Drive is which, we're going to check them, one by one, starting with the first one shown! To check them, you will...
3a. Starting with the first drive listed, type "FS#:" [with the # being the number of the drive shown]
3b. To list the contents of this drive, type "ls"
4a. After typing "ls" in your selected Drive, you will know if it is the correct Drive if you see both of these items listed as Directories [To be more specific, I knew mine was the correct one when I saw the OS and "EFI-Backups" Directories listed.​
5. After you have located "EFI-Backups", enter this Directory by typing "cd EFI-Backups" and hitting enter
6. After entering this Directory, you should see a list of backups listed as "r####" [with the #'s being a string of various number combinations].
6a. Now you're going to want to check each of these back-ups, just like you checked each of the Drives!
6b. Just as before, we are going to check these Directories by typing "cd r####" [with #### being the string of numbers listed]
6c. After entering the 'r####' back-up, you will then likely find a list of dates, which yes, you have to check too! To shorten time, I suggest checking the last/newest one.
6d. So go up the list checking these dates, again by typing "cd DATE". [The "DATE" in this example will look similar to something like "2018-07-10-10h32"]
6e. When you find the date that has the Directory "EFI", which has the Directory "CLOVER", which has the Directory "drivers64UEFI", which has the file "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi" listed, you know YOU'VE WON!!

I can not thank you enough for the DETAILED explanation you gave... without it I would have been lost... worked.... unbelievable

This link saved me throwing my build out of the window. Much love.

Only one minute to solve!!! Problem out with rev 4617.
Big Thaaaaanks @MissCatD

Sadly I updated to Clover 4617 and it broke my OS X 10.13.3, I get the +++++++ statement instead of my OS. So luckily I founf that guide, but weirdly enough, there is no EFI Shell64 under my Drive symbols, I have 4 Symbols there: Options, About Clover, Restart Computer and Exit Clover. Is there a way to access the Shell via Shortcut combinations?

I just ugpraded from 4509 to 4617 and had the same problem, the standard install deleted OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and left my system un-bootable. Seems irresponsible of Clover to do this if they delete those drivers then they should at least add installing the replacements to the standard install and check install in custom. I believe that using custom install will not delete them because I noticed they were not deleted when trying it a second time and picking custom (after recovering from USB).

Edit: Think I understand things now. You have to manually check to install AptioMemoryFix which is a replacement for the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and also EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (because the new fix now makes Nvram work correctly and no longer needs to be emulated i.e. "Emu"). Also also install ApfsDriverLoader which replaces apfs.efi and no longer need to manually download that cool! Note ApfsDriverLoader is dependent on AptioMemoryFix which I found on another forum.

Last edited:
You found an actual change log for Clover? wow! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back