Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Clover Update r4586 disables OS Boot (Black Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated from 4769 to 4910. Got to the same issues as mentioned above. Had to add PartitionDxe-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi to get Clover up-and-running again. Thank you ukulele01 and MissCatD !

Amazing - saved my life - Thanks so much !

This post was a serious life saver! Thank you! :clap::)

I met with the same problem....
1) used original USB Sierra Install stick to boot....
2) selected normal "OS X" (the disk name of my everyday boot partition "\")
3) machine booted but no sound, large text screen etc, but it was running!!!
4) used EFI Mounter v3 to open EFI partition
5) copied /EFIbackups file as described in this thread the the proper EFI folder, again as outlined here.
6) rebooted and problem fixed.

I did note that the latest \EFI backup was also missing this OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
It was necessary to go to the next older EFI backup to find the OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi

That install USB is worth taping to your monitor or PC case!!! It may save you someday, eh?

Again, many thanks to everyone for all their help!
-=m=-

What if I just don’t have EFI-Backups directory, only FS0:\Efi?

Hi Updating to clover5070 gave me a much bigger problem, not only the file mentioned in this thread was not there, a whole lot of other files where gone too...
So i succeeded to get to the folders and checked from each back-up folder what was in it and wrote it down.
Then i thought to be smart, and removed the whole clover folder from EFI, and wanted to copy the whole backup clover folder. But it stalled at some file. Had to reset and of course then the problem was even bigger.
So finally, i disconnected my win/lin drive.
then rebooted, there was some faillback clover, but i could still not boot to MacOS. Then from pc, i downloaded the newest clover version as iso and created an bootable usb. Now i had access again to the folders. copied the clover folder from backup to usb and to the boot drive fs1:EfI (because FS0 was usb now). I had to choos ALL with the cp copy command and not just Yes. It succeeded, Happy! Reconnected win/lin drive. Rebooted all is working again. But i have Clover R8462 running, i don't dare upgrading again for a while. So i don't know why it went wrong and why so much files were not there. And i don't understand the new Clover GUI at all in MacOs. Too much possibilities to do something wrong. A hint: once you have it all back running, create a copy of the last working backup-EFI/Clover, put it on a bootable usb thumbdrive and keep it safe. NExt time boot from it and copy the whole EFI/Clover folder to the boot drive.

What if I just don’t have EFI-Backups directory, only FS0:\Efi?
that looks impossible.
did you type maps and enter in the shell?
Then check FS0: + enter till FS10: + enter
then do ls + enter
then with page-up and page-down you can go thru the list of folders/files
the backup-efi is on the partition where your MACOS installation also resides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back