Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Clover Update r4586 disables OS Boot (Black Screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. I've updated clover from 4359 to 5100. I'm on high sierra latest update with APFS.

I've some big problem and i need help.

When I'm inside FS1: (the EFI volume) I can list the file with LS but just there, if I try to LS some other disk section like FS2 o BLK1 (all the number) the screen freeze and i can't type anymore and i've to manually restart.

So I've managed a workaround to copy the file using a USB with an EFI partition inside, dunno why I can only LS efi.

The only file present in the directory FS1:EFI/CLOVER/drivers64uefi/ is apfs.efi.

I tried to add OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi that was in the backup EFI but still black screen.

So i see a lot more files in my backup EFI, then i tryed to copy all of them but still no luck (attached screen with all the files).

Now i don't know what to do, i don't want to lose a week of work with a clean reinstall.

PLS HELP ME WITH THIS NIGHTMARE.

Attachments

• BackupDrivers64uefi.png
    BackupDrivers64uefi.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 200
Had this issue, resolved it with the original @MissCatD post, thanks for the help!

4. The Drive that has the missing file will be the same one that has your OS installed and an EFI Backup file present!
4a. After typing "ls" in your selected Drive, you will know if it is the correct Drive if you see both of these items listed as Directories [To be more specific, I knew mine was the correct one when I saw the OS and "EFI-Backups" Directories listed.

After fixing a Clover hang issue today I stupidly updated Clover and now am stuck at the black screen. Attempted to follow these instructions, but don't see my OS or EFI Backup on any available drive. The only drive that lists any directories/files (FS2) only lists the EFI. A couple others list 1 directory, 0 files, and a couple others simply state "file not found." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I followed these instructions and had NO files missing from my OS EFI folder. In case of any changes made to the EFI folder, I copied the entire EFI directory from the most recent EFI-backups to the EFI folder but my mac still wont boot. It stalls at LOG:EXITBS:START.

In addition to updating Clover I had also updated to the latest kext files as shown on Clover Configurator. I have tried booting from a super duper backup but this also wont boot stopping the boot at the exact same place.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back