2. Color Classic
  3. Portable
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,
I hope this is an easy one, but I just don't understand what happened. On Friday night I shut down the Hackintosh from Mojave and everything was perfectly normal. Maybe I put it to sleep instead of shutting it down, but anyway. On Sunday I found it booted to the Windows login screen. WT*?
I rebooted it, and sure enough Clover won't load, it goes straight to Windows. The BIOS boot menu shows "Windows Boot Manager" instead of UEFI for my macOS drive.

I managed to load Clover from my recovery USB stick and boot to macOS, but what's the next step? I can mount my EFI partition and everything looks ok on my Clover install. Should I reinstall Clover from Multibeast?
And most importantly, does anybody have an idea of what could explain this strange behaviour? I made no update to anything that I know of…

I can provide relevant files and logs, I just don't know what would be relevant in that situation!

In bios try to set windows boot manager to “other os”.
Thanks for your answer! As far as I know, I can't configure Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS. I can set 2 different boot options to whichever bootloader is found. Boot option #1 was set to the UEFI partition on my macOS drive (500GB EVO 970 SSD), but that partition doesn't appear anymore. It can only be set to Windows Boot Manager on that same drive (and not on the 250GB EVO970 on which Windows is installed. Strange!) or to the UEFI on the usb stick.

See the screenshot of my BIOS boot options below. My best guess is that the UEFI partition on which Clover is installed somehow got corrupted. Should I reinstall it with Multibeast?

IMG_1225 2.jpeg

Thanks for your answer! As far as I know, I can't configure Windows Boot Manager in the BIOS. I can set 2 different boot options to whichever bootloader is found. Boot option #1 was set to the UEFI partition on my macOS drive (500GB EVO 970 SSD), but that partition doesn't appear anymore. It can only be set to Windows Boot Manager on that same drive (and not on the 250GB EVO970 on which Windows is installed. Strange!) or to the UEFI on the usb stick.

See the screenshot of my BIOS boot options below. My best guess is that the UEFI partition on which Clover is installed somehow got corrupted. Should I reinstall it with Multibeast?

View attachment 373378

Look further into the bios there should be an option for windows8 or Other OS. It’s in another section probably.

Look further into the bios there should be an option for windows8 or Other OS. It’s in another section probably.
No, there isn't… I've gone through every section and didn't find anything like that. But thanks anyway for your help!

I found the solution on the forum, though: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-gone-after-bios-update.211715/#post-1409404
I still can't understand what went wrong in the first place, but now my Hackintosh boots to Clover just as it was supposed to do.

As a sidenote, this thread should probably have been posted in the BIOS/UEFI forum instead of this one. Sorry about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back