CPU
Core i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz
Graphics
GeForce GT 430
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Asus CM6650 Computer with a Asus P8H67-M Pro motherboard and I am trying to boot clover to install Sierra. However, once I try to boot Clover from a USB, I see black screen with a cursor. I used Unibeast to create the Sierra USB for both Legacy and UEFI to install the clover bootloader.

I've tried booting in Legacy mode and that works, but this computer supports BIOS and UEFI and I am at a loss to understand why it cannot boot clover from the USB. I've tried to Google the solution with suggestions to have a custom BIOS, but all the links are dead.

Motherboard Specifications
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H67M_PRO/specifications/

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: SOLVED

Last edited:
you either use uefi or legacy, not both, create uefi only flash drive, disable legacy on bios, its ll it takes

I have tried to disable legacy in my BIOS and I did not see any option to do so, my BIOS is a hybrid (UEFI and Legacy BIOS)

The BIOS that my PC has is ASUS EFI BIOS + AMI BIOS. It has an EZ Mode and an Advanced mode. I've tried both and could not find anything that disables legacy mode on my PC.

I have tried to disable legacy in my BIOS and I did not see any option to do so, my BIOS is a hybrid (UEFI and Legacy BIOS)

The BIOS that my PC has is ASUS EFI BIOS + AMI BIOS. It has an EZ Mode and an Advanced mode. I've tried both and could not find anything that disables legacy mode on my PC.
That firmware is a full UEFI firmware, the first ever if you believe this.

If your bootable USB...
  • Is GPT
  • Has a FAT-formatted partition (and an HFS+ partition)
  • Has an 'EFI' folder in the root directory of the FAT partition
  • Has Clover installed in the 'EFI' folder
...and your firmware cannot boot from it (there are no options to disable legacy or enable CSM), there may be a problem with your firmware.

Solved it by wiping the Mac hard drive so it can create an EFI partition for Clover to install on.

After reinstalling Multibeast as legacy onto a USB can copying the files from the USB onto the Legacy HDD, it now works flawlessly and Clover just boots to Legacy anyway.

Thanks.

i dont recommend that like at all in the long run will give you problems, but hey, whatever floats your boat

I know Im late to this but just for reference if there is anybody else in this situation:
P8H67 Boards have a problem with UEFI implementation.As far as I've tried, they only detect the UEFI boot on a USB. If you try to boot with an UEFI bootloader in a drive, it doesn't work - as it doesn't sees it.

I tried with several versions of clover, and it only detects it if I install it as legacy. But on a USB a UEFI is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back