Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have Yosemite installed to one HD and Windows 10 to another HD. Yosemite was installed using Clover guide and is working fine. My problem is that something has been changed because clover boot screen stays waiting me to click enter. Before such issue I remember there was a timeout that would boot Yosemite right after 5 seconds.

I've read here to some threads that I could change or modify the config.plist but I must admit that I don't know how to do it or get things worse.

Is there a way to overcome such situation?

Thanks

Clover timeout how to change

Most people use Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist.

Check if Timeout has a value of 5

Code:
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>

Thanks, .

I've installed Clover Configurator, checked at boot choice that it has 5 seconds set but in order to see how it works, I increased to 6 seconds and clicked to update, and then reboot.

The clover boot screen remains the same as before. No timeout. EFI boot partition starts only if I click my USB keyboard enter key. I'd like to keep USB keyboard away and use only my BT Apple keyboard but at this point it doesn't work. My BT Apple Keyboard only works at the OSX login screen.

Is there a way to edit the booting screen and change the time of timeout? There is a long list of commands there for booting parameters.

Thanks.

Thanks, .

I've installed Clover Configurator, checked at boot choice that it has 5 seconds set but in order to see how it works, I increased to 6 seconds and clicked to update, and then reboot.

The clover boot screen remains the same as before. No timeout. EFI boot partition starts only if I click my USB keyboard enter key. I'd like to keep USB keyboard away and use only my BT Apple keyboard but at this point it doesn't work. My BT Apple Keyboard only works at the OSX login screen.

Is there a way to edit the booting screen and change the time of timeout? There is a long list of commands there for booting parameters.

Thanks.

This usually happens if you haven't entered the name of your hard drive in 'Default Boot Volume' in the Boot Section of Clover Configurator.

In order for the timeout to work you need to have a Default Boot Volume.

In Clover Configurator go to Boot -> Default Boot Volume and enter the name of your HD.

P1LGRIM beat me to it ;)

The clover configurator has nothing written to Default Boot Volume. So I should fill it out.

My diskutil list command from terminal shows:

Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 3.43.27 PM.png

So should I inform disk0s1 as a Default Boot Volume?

Sorry for such dumb questions and thanks for the help.

The clover configurator has nothing written to Default Boot Volume. So I should fill it out.

My diskutil list command from terminal shows:

View attachment 150023

So should I inform disk0s1 as a Default Boot Volume?

Sorry for such dumb questions and thanks for the help.

No, it's the name of your drive not the identifier - Looks like yours is called Yosemite.

Thanks but unfortunately it did not work or I misunderstood what I should have done. I called the clover configurator, entered boot option and filled in Yosemite as my Default Volume Name.

However if I call clover configurator again nothing is being shown in the place I had written "Yosemite". I can only see a blank space there and I am not sure whether the command really updated the config file.

Moreover, after rebooting, the Clover login screen behaves as before, waiting for me to type ENTER.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks but unfortunately it did not work or I misunderstood what I should have done. I called the clover configurator, entered boot option and filled in Yosemite as my Default Volume Name.

However if I call clover configurator again nothing is being shown in the place I had written "Yosemite". I can only see a blank space there and I am not sure whether the command really updated the config file.

Moreover, after rebooting, the Clover login screen behaves as before, waiting for me to type ENTER.

Thanks for your time.

You have to load your config.plist file into Clover Configurator before you can edit it.

As Pilgrim pointed out, you need to load your config.plist to edit it. I find that he easiest way is to mount your EFI partition using diskutil mount XXXXX in terminal, where XXXXX is the identifier for your EFI partition (it looks like yours was disk0s1 in the terminal screen shots above). Then launch Clover Configurator from the Finder, and it should see your config.plist file. Just click on it at the bottom of the Clover Configurator window to begin editing it. You should be able to select your startup drive "Yosemite" from the drop-down menu in the Boot section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back