Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH-F5-OC
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've been using this setup for a few months now without a problem, two SSDs, four HDDs, two of them configured as RAID, using Disk Utility. Today the system didn't boot, it's hanging on the "Welcome to Clover 3766 - Scan Entries" and then reboots. After some research I decided to unplug the HDDs in RAID and the system boots without an issue.
Of course I'm working off this RAID now and really need to get it working ASAP.
Any ideas how to fix this or why it suddenly happened in the first place?

Last edited:
I found the answer in another thread. The solution is to put HFSPlus.efi in the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and delete VBoxHFs-64.efi

I'm still wondering why stopped working suddenly, as I haven't been messing with the system at all. It isn't even connected to the internet.

I found the answer in another thread. The solution is to put HFSPlus.efi in the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and delete VBoxHFs-64.efi

I'm still wondering why stopped working suddenly, as I haven't been messing with the system at all. It isn't even connected to the internet.
Yeap! Hit the bull's eye!
Thank you!

Old thread but just wanted to post this was still required on Mojave as well; I added two drives to my system and put them in RAID 0, and as soon as Clover 1419 (IIRC) went to scan for entries, the system would reboot. Swapped out VBoxHfs-64.efi for HFSPlus.efi and all was again happy. Oddly enough the drives as singles didn't do this, they only caused the issue when in RAID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back