Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z370-G
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Installing a fresh High Sierra Hackintosh on a new coffee lake build.

Whenever I boot up the High Sierra install through clover on my USB it restarts the computer. I've tried to launch "Boot OS X install from Install macOS High Sierra" over and over again but no change.

This is how far it gets.

Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then it restarts.

I know lots of people have this problem but I have yet to see any fixes. Please let me know if you've heard of this?

What I've tried:
-Different ways of making the USB boot sticks using Unibeast, DiskMaker, and through Terminal.
-Replacing the EF folder on the mounted partition with this custom clover files from different installation guides.
-Different kernels
-Taking my graphics card out
-Downloading a different version of high sierra from the app store
-Tried all the flags

Please help... anyone!!! Thx

Suggest you follow @pastrychef 's guide.
Thank you so much!! Im only running 16G of ram, as soon as I switched my ram to A1 B1 it got me to the next step! Thanks for that blazingly fast reply P1LGRIM, I'm so thrilled right now - been working on this to no avail for the last 6 hours! @pastrychef excellent guide! Thanks!!!!

I spoke to soon :) Still unable to get to the OS install screen.

I am following @pastrychef 's guide and have tried the EFI folder that comes with unibeast and again with his custom EFI folder. The boot doesn't get past about 70% and restarts.

Sorry no code as it restart before I can read what the last line is.
I also tried with my GTX 1080 taken out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thx guys

I spoke to soon :) Still unable to get to the OS install screen.

I am following @pastrychef 's guide and have tried the EFI folder that comes with unibeast and again with his custom EFI folder. The boot doesn't get past about 70% and restarts.

Sorry no code as it restart before I can read what the last line is.
I also tried with my GTX 1080 taken out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thx guys
Got it working! I copied this guy's EFI files for his coffee lake install. It worked!!

Yes!, my work too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back