Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z-170 A
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hi, I just created a bootable usb using clover but when I tried to boot into Sierra the screen turns black. Any ideas why & how to fix it?

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Thanks and sorry for not posting this xD

The error that shows up is the "+++..." one

Clover also fails loading any other operative system without error in verbose - black

Attachments

• Clover.jpg
    Clover.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 407
  • Sierra Verbose.jpg
    Sierra Verbose.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 379
Hi again.

Is this correct?

Boot CSM
Launch CSM - Enabled
Boot Device Control - UEFI and Legacy OPROM
Boot from network Devices - Legacy only
Boot from Storage Devices - Legacy only

My main storage is connected with SATA cable and the usb is connected with usb 2. Also I had no success creating a bootable usb with UEFI boot mode, is this due to the Bios/Boot SCM? At the moment I tried with Legacy boot mode instead and it ran perfectly fine however I had to disable my GPU in the Clover Configurator and now I can't manage to activate the GPU after installing the NVIDIA WEB drivers.

Thanks for showing support ;D

Attachments

• Photo on 24-05-17 at 20.08.jpg
    Photo on 24-05-17 at 20.08.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Fix: I simply installed the Legacy boot mode version since I have a Bios based system, partitionated my hard drive from the bootable usb, installed macOS Sierra on it and installed Nvidia web driver build 378.05.05.15f01 and got my GPU to work after even a restart

The only 2 remaining issues Ive noticed so far after 1 hour of testing and messing around on the pc is AUX no sound output (Haven't tested USB sound yet), and YouTube videos gets un-play able when you try to skip a part of a video (Then I simply have to refresh the page)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
Thanks for showing interest in helping :D

Btw how do I delete old posts? I believe I now got 4 outdated posts on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back