Contribute
Register

[solved] clover failing to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I see your point, software like clover configurator was insisting I was not on the latest version, it now says I'm on the latest.

i know you have said not to use that software, but for proving purposes I checked with it after, it was until now the only tool I used to update clover as its included with pbi, I've never come across this issue before.

either way, clover info page was telling me I was remaining on the previous version, everything pointed to me that it was not uodating, like I said before, I don't have the knowledge you have, if a blind man is told he's holding a red pen, he must assume it's red.

I do appreciate the time you've spent helping me with this matter even if at times you appear patronising, I'm sure it's not intentional.

thank you again

The real "problem" was solved at post #18... which, if a proper investigation was done after post #4, it would have been solved much sooner.

The rest was just bad assumptions about the content of the package provided at sourceforge.

If I sound frustrated, it is because I am. It is very discouraging to make suggestions and have them not taken seriously.

At any rate, water under the bridge. Like I said, nothing to see here.

Thank you RehabMan for pointing me to CloverGrowerPro. I've been using Clover Configurator and its weird update behavior has been driving me nuts. I didn't know that the Clover version on SourceForge wasn't the canonical. I just built CloverGrowerPro and compiled Clover 3193, and everything's working fine here. Thanks again.

Thank you RehabMan for pointing me to CloverGrowerPro. I've been using Clover Configurator and its weird update behavior has been driving me nuts. I didn't know that the Clover version on SourceForge wasn't the canonical. I just built CloverGrowerPro and compiled Clover 3193, and everything's working fine here. Thanks again.

Super.

Rehabman: I am trying to update clover from 3304 to the latest version (3424). When I install Clover it makes a new EFI folder on the MACOSX disk rather than performing an upgrade to the EFI from were MAC is booting. Checked the LOGS on the EFI and its still few moths old. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rehabman: I am trying to update clover from 3304 to the latest version (3424). When I install Clover it makes a new EFI folder on the MACOSX disk rather than performing an upgrade to the EFI from were MAC is booting. Checked the LOGS on the EFI and its still few moths old. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You need to make sure "Install for UEFI booting only", assuming UEFI.

Or "Install Clover in the ESP" if using Clover legacy.

I had this same issue on my build trying to update Clover to the newest version. It would update the EFI folder on the boot volume, but would not update the UEFI partition, regardless of the settings. Finally, I mounted the EFI, moved its entire EFI folder to the desktop, and then copied the EFI folder on the boot volume to the partition. Everything works just fine now.

I had this same issue on my build trying to update Clover to the newest version. It would update the EFI folder on the boot volume, but would not update the UEFI partition, regardless of the settings. Finally, I mounted the EFI, moved its entire EFI folder to the desktop, and then copied the EFI folder on the boot volume to the partition. Everything works just fine now.

You must choose the correct "custom" options in the Clover installer.

You must choose the correct "custom" options in the Clover installer.

The "custom" options must be only present in the CloverGrowerPro installer, because i can't find it in the Sourceforge one.
I'm also with the same problem, the installer is installing EFI Folder to the OS partition, not the EFI partition, so it is not upgrading.

Compiling CloverGrowerPro now, to see if it fixes it.

The "custom" options must be only present in the CloverGrowerPro installer, because i can't find it in the Sourceforge one.

The "Customize" button is there. You're just not being careful enough.

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 9.18.24 AM.png

Hi: I'm also having an issue updating the Clover. I did load up the correct EFI and opened the partition's config.pilst . From there, I went to the tools section and tried to update Clover. I currently have 4184 and the remote available revision is 4297. Is there a guide on troubleshooting this problem? I tried reading the thread but a little hard to follow for me. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back