Contribute
Register

[solved] clover failing to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you use the Clover installer, the updated *.efi files (CLOVERX64.EFI, BOOTX64.EFI, and drivers64UEFI/*.efi) are going somewhere. You will need to find out where (it will be whatever partition is mounted as ESP after running the Clover installer). Once you know where the new files are, mount the EFI partition you're actually booting from, then update each file/folder.

Man, I wish I knew what to do I checked the installer log and found out there "should" be a volume path "EFIROOTDIR" but I cannot locate it :/ Take a look at the install log. I know what my "boot EFI" is, I can mount it, configure the clover config files etc., but I dont know how to force the installer to install it to this EFI. If it's just about copying the *.efi files that you specified to the clover EFI folder, than I can do that but I'm affraid I will break something. Wish there was an option to specify the EFI folder where the installer will install the updated Clover :/

EDIT: Anyways, I did it manually, extracting the files that you specified from the installer and then, copying them to the corresponding folders in my (booted) EFI folder...

Attachments

• Installer Log 28-Oct-2018.txt
    27.9 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
Thanks for your patience and help man, appreciate it!

For me too : using Fusion Drive, I was just able to install the new version of Clover on "Macintosh HD" and not on my EFI partition. So I made the installation, and then manually copied the files from the new folder "EFI" on Macintosh HD to my EFI partition. Just had too keep a copy of my driver64 / driver64UEFI / kext and config.plist and then copy them on the new EFI folder.

Thanks also @RehabMan for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back