Contribute
Register

[solved] clover failing to update

Status
Not open for further replies.
clover failing to update

Well perhaps mine has updated, to a certain point, I'm not 100% sure.

Forgetting the issue I originally had, which was when I was booting from the incorrect EFI.

Code:
Clover EFI installer log - Sun Feb 22 11:13:09 GMT 2015Installer version: v2.3k r3185 EFI bootloader
======================================================

This log confirms I'm trying to install the latest version yes?

info page at clover boot up

Clover version 2.3k
EFI revision: 2.10
Firmware: HPQ rev 3176: 3182

I removed the files as you said bootx64 cloverx64, they were replaced after running the installer.

I'm not sure what the "3182" is in the Firmware version above, but certainly 3176 is what I seem to be on.

Excuse my ignorance for using clover configurator before, as it was installed by PBI I thought it was best to use that, I have used it in the past to update thinking the version on there would be the latest "tested" version, and used it to confirm the version Im currently using (it states 3176 as does clover boot screen).

I'm not constantly trying to update clover, just check it now and then when I remember in case there are improvements/fixes, hence why I tried recently and discovered my issues.

I'm still confused as to why its not updating to 3185, but now also what method I should use to update in future, if clover configurator is not recommended perhaps it should be removed from PBI?

Latest PBI change log
Version 6.2.15.2 (February 9th 2015)
  • Change ig-platform-id for ZBook models.
  • Update Clover 3167.
  • Update Clover Configurator.

This version is later than 3140 which you list as latest stable version, I'm quite confused by this all now lol,

clover failing to update

same here
downloaded from official result: rev 3176: 3182
built from clovergrowerpro result rev 3185

clover failing to update

Well, perhaps using clover grower pro somehow works properly where as the other isn't then.

I'd rather not start updating to versions that are not checked and confirmed safe to use, where did you download the files from to build it yourself, and is there documentation to confirm if a build is stable or not?

clover failing to update

Well, perhaps using clover grower pro somehow works properly where as the other isn't then.

I'd rather not start updating to versions that are not checked and confirmed safe to use, where did you download the files from to build it yourself, and is there documentation to confirm if a build is stable or not?

https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro

xcode and command tool installed
then just run the command from link above
you can build any version that suits you

clover failing to update

https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro

xcode and command tool installed
then just run the command from link above
you can build any version that suits you

Thanks, this worked first time, updated to the version it was supposed to.

RM, does this mean theres something wrong with the way other installers are trying to update clover, or just something with this revision perhaps?

clover failing to update

I'm still confused as to why its not updating to 3185, but now also what method I should use to update in future, if clover configurator is not recommended perhaps it should be removed from PBI?

It is updating. The result you're getting is because that is the binary that the Clover team placed there.

clover failing to update

Thanks, this worked first time, updated to the version it was supposed to.

RM, does this mean theres something wrong with the way other installers are trying to update clover, or just something with this revision perhaps?

There is nothing wrong. You seem to assume (too) much about the way the official release of Clover pkg was built.

I didn't assume it wasn't updating, it clearly wasn't, the build was the same that I used when building it myself, it then updated instantly and clearly reflected that on the clover info page.
i have to make assumptions on the info I have, I don't have the knowledge you have, but when the screen tells me it's not the version I just installed, I assume it's not lying to me, my assumption was correct, it was not updating, and I don't know why.

The fact is, the package installer was supposed to install a certain version, it stated it had, but it hadn't, what am I to do with that info other than assume something went wrong?

I didn't assume it wasn't updating, it clearly wasn't, the build was the same that I used when building it myself, it then updated instantly and clearly reflected that on the clover info page.
i have to make assumptions on the info I have, I don't have the knowledge you have, but when the screen tells me it's not the version I just installed, I assume it's not lying to me, my assumption was correct, it was not updating, and I don't know why.

It was updating. It was just that the binary inside the pkg was not what you assumed was there.

If you update from a pkg that someone else provides, you get whatever they provided. Which may or may not correlate to the file name.

Incorrect conclusion: "The v2.3k r3185 Clover on sourceforge is not updating"

Correct conclusion: "The v2.3k. r3185 Clover on sourceforge has a strange version marker, not v3185 as expected"

I think we can move on now... there's nothing to see here.

Whilst I see your point, software like clover configurator was insisting I was not on the latest version, it now says I'm on the latest.

i know you have said not to use that software, but for proving purposes I checked with it after, it was until now the only tool I used to update clover as its included with pbi, I've never come across this issue before.

either way, clover info page was telling me I was remaining on the previous version, everything pointed to me that it was not uodating, like I said before, I don't have the knowledge you have, if a blind man is told he's holding a red pen, he must assume it's red.

I do appreciate the time you've spent helping me with this matter even if at times you appear patronising, I'm sure it's not intentional.

thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back