Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Pro4
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Hey minor problem here but wondering if anyone had any other insight I should try.

As the title says, Clover won’t automatically boot to the selected drive in config.plist. I’ve tried setting via the drive name, via the UUID from ‘diskutil info diskxxx’, and via UUID shown when pressing space on the drive in Clover (which was different) and via the device path i.e. PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x17,0x0)\Sata(0x3,..., all without any luck

Otherwise, I can still boot normally to that drive, and setting it to LastBootedVolume does work, so Clover is reading that file. However I switch back and forth between Windows and Mac and would like the default to stay consistent if possible.

Finally, the drive is formatted using APFS, and I’m not using APFS.efi because I upgraded to Clover 4586, although this was happening before I got rid of APFS.efi

I've attached my boot log. The volume I want to boot is number 23, Macintosh HD, but it looks like multiple volumes have the same UUID?

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 727
I've tried all the UUIDs at the end as well, like that guide suggested, also with no luck.
Did you try UUID ED55C7F7D7123C098290BF74B9E76962

I also tried using the linked guide and Clover Configurator v 5.4.1.1 to no avail.

I was able to use the "Hide Volume" pane in the upper right of the Gui tab to hide the Recovery and Preboot volumes after the Custom Entries didn't work. That certainly helped clean up the clutter, but Clover still isn't default booting into the macOS volume.

I thought I was having the same problem as the OP, but maybe some of my variables are different?

I'll attach my config file for reference.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 533
I also tried using the linked guide and Clover Configurator v 5.4.1.1 to no avail.

I was able to use the "Hide Volume" pane in the upper right of the Gui tab to hide the Recovery and Preboot volumes after the Custom Entries didn't work. That certainly helped clean up the clutter, but Clover still isn't default booting into the macOS volume.

I thought I was having the same problem as the OP, but maybe some of my variables are different?

I'll attach my config file for reference.

Hey, I had a similar issue: my default boot volume was working (it was set to macOS) until I make some clean up in the "hide volume" part (just removed some unused UUID and kept Preboot and Recovery entries). Since then, the the default boot volume "macOS" does not work anymore. I tried to put the exact same Hide volume entries back, but the problem remains. I also tried to set the default boot volume to "LastBootedVolume" (you have to reboot your computer twice to make it work) and it worked so the field is not ignored. Did you found any solution? Can it be seen as a Clover bug?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back