Contribute
Register

[Solved] Clover boot way too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! It's worked for me too. I thought slow is because of searching for disk drives... but now its lighting fast!

Yes, It worked for me too, thank you very much,
but restart a little long?

Also have long boot times and would like to edit config.plist/Boot/Debug=false but can not locate where to do this. Where/how do I make this edit? Thanks.
Disregard as I found the file to edit: Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Last edited:
Thank you so much!

Broblem solved, thank you!

- Make sure config.plist/Boot/Debug=false
- Check Clover's boot.log

That did the trick. If we meet in person ever, I'll owe you a beer!

FIXED my slow to start up clover. Thank you!!!

Hi. There's a program called Clover Configurator that you can use to mount your EFI partition (there may be better ways to do this, but this is how I solved it...).
After you mount it, you will have the option to open the partition. When you do that, it should open a finder window showing your EFI folder. Open it. Your config.plist file should be in the clover folder.
The best way I found to make these simple edits was to use a text editor. Right-click on it and choose "open with - other" and select "all applications" and then choose TextEdit. Find <key>Boot</key> and you should see <key>Debug</key> right below. There should be an entry saying "true". Change that to "false". Save.

Sorry for the long winded explanation (and probably not the best), but I'm new at this too.
Cheers :)

So I am glad I found this because I also have no clue....and still have questions. Is clover configurator something I download and install inside my osx? Is there any way to edit clovers config file in the clover menu (after clover boots)?
My mojave does not boot right now so I am curious how much I can do in the clover menu itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back