Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I recently installed High Sierra on my Customac Z77-UP5-TH. Everything is working great except an incredibly slow and long time at boot stage with clover until I reach clover menu (from startup till "scan entries, user settings etc...") like 1 minute

The computer previously used to boot very fast - litteraly in a snap - with Chimera when an earlier version of OSX was installed before I upgraded to HS with clover.

High Sierra is installed on an internal SATA SSD. Trim was not enabled and I already had this slow startup problem, I enabled then TRIM and it didn't change anything, boot time is the same, as long, so I guess it's a clover problem.

I installed latest version of Clover 2.4 r4411 with no improvement.

I found an old thread where OP found a solution with a legacy Root installation of Clover V2.3K r3543 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-clover-very-slow-to-start-up.175034/

I followed his solution and managed to install BlockBiosIO option but it didn’t change anything.

I opened a new thread because the one I mention is three years old and hardware differs. If somebody knows how to help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
- Make sure config.plist/Boot/Debug=false
- Check Clover's boot.log
Thanks so much, now I need to find out osxaptiofixdrv error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back