Contribute
Register

[Solved] Clover boot time takes 4-5 minutes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B150 Gaming M3
CPU
i5 6500 3.20Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After finally getting my first hackintosh up and running on High Sierra 10.13.5, and successfully updating Clover to v4586, I noticed that boot time started to get slower and slower each day. Today was I guess the day I had to stepped up and make some research as it took nearly 5 mins for it to boot, which was not happening prior to updating Clover.

Any help on this issue would be really appreciated. I've attached my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 243
dump the clover bootlog by running the command
Code:
bdmesg > ~/Desktop/bootlog.txt

you can take a look which boot process take a long time to finish

Have you tried disabling DEBUG ?
remove :

debug=0x100
and

<key>Debug</key>
<true/>

related:
QmSAUaN.png

source

Looks like a TRIM problem to me, I am in a similar situation. Look up for "disable TRIM" and you might get some ideas about what to do.

Have you tried disabling DEBUG ?
remove :

debug=0x100
and

<key>Debug</key>
<true/>

related:
QmSAUaN.png

source

Thank you! Disabling debug=0x100 fixed the issue for me, and it now takes no more than 35 secs of boot time.
Looks like a TRIM problem to me, I am in a similar situation. Look up for "disable TRIM" and you might get some ideas about what to do.

I thought so at first, but then I figured TRIM had to do with using SSDs, and I've installed MacOS on a HDD lol

I'm having a similar issue, although it appears my debugs are disabled?...still trying to wrap my head around interpreting the plist and bootleg texts. I've attached the bootleg and plist. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edit: forgot to upload plist

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    26.7 KB · Views: 148
  • config 2.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Open Efi Mounter (write the disc name disk0s1 or disk1s1 ..ecc)
copy clover folder to desktop
Try by terminal:
sudo -s ( insert Password)
newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/r+disc name partition efi ( example: /dev/rdisk0s1)
(this formats your EFI partition)
install new Clover EFI
copy your previously saved custom files to your desktop...(usually: ssdt in ACPI, config.plist, file in driver64UEFI and Kext/other)

when you are sure you have everything in place, restart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back