Contribute
Register

[Solved] Clover 4674 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,
So just for reference, the last Clover edition I used was 4449, and after not being able to boot into my OS with 4674, I found this guide by ukulele01 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/report-issue-with-clover-4586-macos-10-13-5.255268/#post-1771526) and I followed the steps there to copy a missing file. So in Clover 4674, there is no file OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, and so I went into the clover shell and found my old EFI backups, and looked in my 4449 backup and found OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and copied that into my current 4674 EFI folder. Im not sure why I had a 2 instead of 3, but either way, after doing this, I was able to boot into my OS.

everything is still there and accounted for, however my graphics are all messed up (again). I had to reinstall CUDA and select to boot with web graphics drivers, but still the graphics don't change. Is there an updated folder for 4674 that has all the proper .efi files on it that I could have? Im still running High Sierra (not gonna touch Mojave after all this haha). If anyone could help me understand what changed that would be greatly appreciated!

Hi. New small issue for the wise. Had a perfectly acceptable clover v. 4630. Updated to 4674 from the sourceforge distro. This came with a change in boot screen style. Only one problem, the mouse is not recognized during the boot phase. It works after booting, but I cannot use it at the clover screen. Funny thing is, the keyboard arrow and return keys do work, so it is not simply a USB issue (Both are USB2 wired devices, plugged into the same USB2 ports on the monitor, itself a USB2 device plugged into a USB3 port on the computer).
I can live with this, but thoughts on where this problem came from and fixes are welcome.

Edit1: I thought I would reset back to v. 4630. To do so I copied the Clover folder from efi-backups into the efi, overwriting the v. 4674 Clover folder. I thought this would restore, but at reboot, I still got v. 4674 indicated with the screen appearance of 4430 (older black Tonymac style rather than light background Clover style). Curiously this fixed the mouse problem.

Last edited:
That's fine. :clap:
If you messed up again with Clover installations in the future, have a look to your main directory.

View attachment 353369

Which Main Directory? There are a few. Are they part of the Apple Hidden Volume scheme -where one would have to (use Terminal and) Show All Files?

how did you install the older version? I cant get into my desktop at all.

I booted from the USB Stick to reach the desktop and installed working clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back