Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Cloned my drive and now it won't boot back into my normal install!?

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 520 (Clover)
CPU
i7 7500U
Graphics
Intel 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my 1TB secondary drive to a new 3TB drive. After I did it, I swapped drives and now it doesn't boot properly. I use an SSD as my main drive and the HDD as a storage drive with all the main file directories linked on there (Music, Pictures, Movies, etc.).

See here:
http://imgur.com/J3yrmYZ
(Default El Capitan)

I swapped back the original 1TB drive in and the same issue occurs. I tried re-installing the boot loader with Multibeast on the main drive but still no luck. This is the first time i actually have no idea how to troubleshoot the problem and I can't find anyone who has or is having the same issue. Any possible solutions are welcome :)

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 520 (Clover)
CPU
i7 7500U
Graphics
Intel 620, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Cloned my drive and now it won't boot back into my normal install!?

I used CCC to clone my secondary (storage) drive and after I cloned and swapped drives, my hackintosh booted into what seemed like a secondary install. Basically, it booted from my normal drive but into a default looking OSX, with no ability to open any of my apps or anything (hence why it seems like a completely different install, but i don't think it is). I then swapped the original drive back in and the same issue occurred.

Anyway, i think i know where to problem lies. It's got something to do with the recovery partition (or what ever that extra partition OSX adds onto a drive) because when i first loaded CCC, the drive was there, where as when the program failed and I had to re open it, it was gone. Maybe something went wrong in that stage but I don't really know. Basically, have you or anyone else have an idea of what might have happened? I'm currently trying to troubleshoot that possible issue now.

Edit: Spelling