GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anything change in the latest version of chrome that is causing crashing for others? No hardware changes or updates were run. I can only assume Chrome auto updated and is now crashing.

Ive tried downloading latest Chrome from the web and deleting preferences and application support entries. Still crashes upon load.

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Google Chrome
Boot args: dart=0

Last edited:
Resolved. For some reason Chrome was crashing when a USB hard drive was attached. USB drive is in perfect working condition. Super odd, no time to figure out why it was happening.

I know this has been "Solved" but what did you do to solve it?

Just in case anyone else has this issue.

I presume it was a power/voltage issue associated with chrome's startup.

1. Recommended additional steps to optimize CPU power management:
    1. Confirm that you have an active connection to the Internet
    2. Open Applications > Utilities > Terminal then copy and paste the following command in the Terminal window and hit Enter:

curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh

(ignore any warnings about incompatibility with your CPU)
    3. Next, paste this command in the Terminal window and hit Enter:

chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
    4. Finally, paste this command in the Terminal window and hit Enter:

./ssdtPRGen.sh
    5. Answer ‘N’ to the questions about copying and opening the ssdt files
      A customized SSDT.aml for your specific machine will now be in the /Users/yourusername/Library/ssdtPRGen directory
      (quickly access this directory in the Finder by holding the Option key (Windows key) while selecting the Go menu and then selecting Library)
    6. Copy the file named SSDT.aml to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
      (you may need to run Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition)
    7. Run Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild the boot cache, then restart the computer
  2. Optional: Install HWSensors to monitor temperatures, voltages and CPU speed. DO NOT install LPCSensors.kext - this can prevent system fans from operating properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back