UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been running Lion now for a while but was having the restart hang problem, so decided to try the new boot. However I can not get it to work. I first used Chameleon Wizard and would get hung at the apple logo, after numerous switches could not get it to boot. Tried the rboot disk and the flag npci=0x3000 got me backup (but that is using the chimera 1.7) I installed chimera 1.8 once the system was back up and still a no go. It is stopping at the error : USBMSC Identifier (non unique) http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=362 But there does seem to be a solution until I go back to 1.7.

I am not to familiar with where the logs are or how to capture the boot process, if anyone has any ideas please let me know how I can help. I would just like to use the new Chimera as it has my graphics card, and does not have the reboot hang problem.

Re: Chimera 1.8 and Chameleon SVN issue

Problem fixed. When I used the chameleon wizard I must have saved a bad boot flags. I re-installed easybeast, and then ran the cimera 1.8 now all is good and I have "restart..." with no spinning logo and all is working. yea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back