Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Chimera 1.5.4- Facetime still not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chimera 1.5.4- Facetime still not working

Update!!! FaceTime is now working.

The problem was I have an EMU 0404 sound card using the KXaudio.kext and didn't have my onboard sound Sigmatel STAC927D4 turned on in the BIOS. I then enabled this onboard sound in the BIOS and used the VoodooHDA.kext to enable it to use in Lion.

Now I can have onboard sound for FaceTime and use my EMU 0404 for Logicpro.

Now FaceTime works 100%. Just incase anyone has the same problems. FaceTime in Lion needs to use onboard sound.

Re: Chimera 1.5.4- Facetime still not working

great...now maybe we can focus on the problem that this thread is about!!!!! (i.e. not your problem!)

Im an unable to even get the FaceTime window to pop up. I click FaceTime and it shows in the top bar that it is running but the window doesn't even show up. Also my ichat won't show video either now.

Deleteing the NetworkInterfaces.plist didn't work for me.

Then I added this to my smbios
Code:
<key>SMserial</key>
	<string> C02FT55UDF8V</string>

Was able to login and use FaceTime now. App Store works too.

Also make sure you have the sound working.

You need a serial, a properly done smbios and onboard sound working or FaceTime won't work. If no serial you won't be able to register FaceTime. If no onboard sound faetime will fail every call 'FaceTime failed'. I have a pci sound card that works fine in snow leopard but won't work with lions FaceTime. I must enable onboard sound for it to work.

I should also mention that FaceTime lion does not work with external iSight cams. The iSight mic wont work. Works fine in SL but not in lion. Tested on my real Mac so there seems to be some issues with lion FaceTime still. Real apple users report the same problems.

Thanks for all of the help guys I finally got it working.

Hi,

I used installed chimera 1.5.4 to fix FaceTime registration. After Installation FaceTime was working like a charm.

But then a few days later my hard drive crashed so i had to replace my hard drive. after fresh installing lion i restored my machine from the time machine backup. Since the restore FaceTime is not working for me. It gives me the same "Server encountered a problem" even on Chimera 1.5.4

I really want to use my FaceTime again. please help me with the same.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back