GTX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi Guys,

I have WindBlows7 & OS X on 2 seperate drives. OS X is my boot drive with Chemeleon as the bootloader.

At the selection screen, I have to select System Reserved in order to boot WindBlows7
Not a very big problem but not very nice.. Is there anyway to fix this and have my WindBlows7 drive boot into WindBlows7?? :sick:

Thanx

Re: Chameleon - Dual Boot / System Reserved

snugglez64 said:
Hi Guys,

I have WindBlows7 & OS X on 2 seperate drives. OS X is my boot drive with Chemeleon as the bootloader.

At the selection screen, I have to select System Reserved in order to boot WindBlows7
Not a very big problem but not very nice.. Is there anyway to fix this and have my WindBlows7 drive boot into WindBlows7?? :sick:

Thanx

You need to pull a fast one in the Windows7 setup- they let you reformat the partition- but it always gives you these 2 odd System Reserved + Windows7 drive partitions.

Unfortunately you can't fix this- and it requires a reinstall of Windows to get 1 partition- but you can format, then resize, then rename all from within the Windows 7 installer. Check out this article:

http://www.shivaranjan.com/2009/05/11/h ... tallation/

I've done this- and it works. :thumbup:

Re: Chameleon - Dual Boot / System Reserved

tonymacx86 said:
snugglez64 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanx

You need to pull a fast one in the Windows7 setup- they let you reformat the partition- but it always gives you these 2 odd System Reserved + Windows7 drive partitions.

Unfortunately you can't fix this- and it requires a reinstall of Windows to get 1 partition- but you can format, then resize, then rename all from within the Windows 7 installer. Check out this article:

http://www.shivaranjan.com/2009/05/11/h ... tallation/

I've done this- and it works. :thumbup:

Thanx Tony - Looks like the best method ever!

However, I'm not keen on re-installing.. I've worked out my own little workaround :

I've installed Paragon NTFS v8
Hide all my other drives in Chameleon and jus left my Snow Leopard & System Reserved drive in the boot option.
Boot into OS X and rename System Reserved to Windows7

Reboot and Chameleon is nice and clean with my 2 boot able drives just chilling out, nicely labeled waiting for me to select...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back