Contribute
Register

[Solved] Catalina thinks my Corsair Commander Pro is a UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a solution like this for macOS Big Sur? I have tried the above but there are issues with file system security and file read/write privileges!
I haven’t installed Big Sur ATM, so I can’t comment.
If I install Big Sur, I’ll let you know my findings.

Dang I was blaming my actual Cyberpower UPS for the issue till I finally discovered the quirk with the Commander Pro that I only just added to my newly rebuilt system. So not an ideal solution when you've got a perfectly working UPS. It also gave me an operation not permitted in 10.15.7 when I reluctantly tried the solution.

here in March 2021, Im still not finding a way to fix this issue

Wow this is really annoying– I just stumbled across this myself with a new build... will be watching closely to see if anyone can figure out a work around here.

I did! I literally, went out and purchased a battery backup UPS to use with my hackintosh(for poor electricity in my housing reasons) and magically, it recognized the '0% UPS power' now as '50% UPS power' and allowed me to use software updates again.

When on ups does macos throttle your machine to conserve energy? If so this seems like a concern here?

Not that I’ve seen - and I use iStat menus for tons of things I can witness live in the menu bar, still super fast

It’s kind of like the Apple Watch requiring you to be on the charger to update, it’s just a weird hurdle to jump when it may not truly be necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back