Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Caps Lock no longer works after switching system def to iMac 13,2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined the site just to say thank you to RockinKat. I'm still banging away on my AEKII (with an iMate) and miss it when I'm on other devices. I was so excited to finally find this workaround but, like the Kat, could only live with it for a short while (definitely a workaround, not a solution). I'd seen references to karabiner but, at this point in time, probably would not have discovered the link to the Sierra compatible version without RK's direct link. Thanks again, RockinKat and everyone else involved.

Hello again.

I just wanted to add that I ordered a TMK ADB to USB adapter which is an alternative to the iMate. It doesn't have any issues with the caps lock key, so no extra software needed. It's also got a flashable firmware that can actually alter how buttons behave, which means it can actually take over some of what Karabiner does without needing any software installed, so OS updates can't break it. What's also cool though is it comes in different versions, in addition to the ADB to USB version, it also can come in versions that convert from several other keyboard interfaces.

It should be mentioned if you are also using an ADB mouse, the TMK does not read the mouse very smoothly, though if you are actually using an ADB mouse, you can always just hook it up to the iMate at the same time.

Sorry if its wrong to bump this thread now, but I have this same problem. I switched my computer to the iMac definition and my Caps Lock key doesn't work on my AEK II.

The "Slow Keys" trick works, but the Karabiner-Elements does not. I know the software is working because the remapping of the function keys to media keys works great (and actually I'm glad to have found this program, this functionality is great)

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back