Contribute
Register

[solved] Can't use mouse and keyboard with clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't use mouse and keyboard with clover

If you installed FakeSMC to /S/L/E, you need to also install VoodooPS2Controller.kext as kexts from EFI will not be injected, unless you force it within Clover (press space bar)

i checked but i don't have FakeSMC in S/L/E but only in L/E. is it the same? so, where i have to put Voodoo kext?

Kexts must be installed with correct permissions, cache rebuilt...

i also tried kext-dev.mode=1 and rootless=0 and i think i repaired permission of L/E but still nothing. how can i rebuilt cache? i tried to boot without cache but no way to load VoodooPS2 kext

i checked but i don't have FakeSMC in S/L/E but only in L/E. is it the same? so, where i have to put Voodoo kext?

Same in /L/E or /S/L/E. Point is FakeSMC is in kernel cache, therefore with InjectKexts=Detect, Clover will not inject the kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts, which means all kexts you need must be installed correctly.

i also tried kext-dev.mode=1 and rootless=0 and i think i repaired permission of L/E but still nothing. how can i rebuilt cache? i tried to boot without cache but no way to load VoodooPS2 kext

There is no facility to repair permissions in 10.11. Permissions/ownership must be set correctly to begin with. You can use 'sudo cp'.

You can force Clover to inject kexts.

Same in /L/E or /S/L/E. Point is FakeSMC is in kernel cache, therefore with InjectKexts=Detect, Clover will not inject the kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts, which means all kexts you need must be installed correctly.

There is no facility to repair permissions in 10.11. Permissions/ownership must be set correctly to begin with. You can use 'sudo cp'.

You can force Clover to inject kexts.
i tried sudo cp
i write this:
sudo cp /Users/AndrewCullen/Downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2015-1128-2/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Volumes/El\ Capitan\ SSD/Library/Extensions

but this is the result:

cp: /Users/AndrewCullen/Downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2015-1128-2/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext is a directory (not copied).

what i did wrong?

edit:

i used sudo cp -R and did the job. and i used
chown -R root:wheel
chmod -R 755

but still nothing...

you talked about force inject kext with space bar but i can't select this choice.
i only have:
boot mac os x
force hibernate wake
cancel hibernate wake
boot mac os x in: verbose mode
-safe mode
-single user verbose mode
-without caches
-without injected kext
-without cached and without injected kext

i tried sudo cp
i write this:
sudo cp /Users/AndrewCullen/Downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2015-1128-2/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Volumes/El\ Capitan\ SSD/Library/Extensions

but this is the result:

cp: /Users/AndrewCullen/Downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2015-1128-2/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext is a directory (not copied).

what i did wrong?

Assuming you're booting from USB...

You can write:
Code:
sudo rm -Rf /Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2015-1128-2/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Library/Extensions

To rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Assuming you're booting from USB...

You can write:
Code:
sudo rm -Rf /Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2015-1128-2/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Library/Extensions

To rebuild cache:
Code:

ok, thanks a lot, cd -r didi the job.

after this :
this is the result:
Andrews-iMac:El Capitan SSD AndrewCullen$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext HDMIAudio.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
Andrews-iMac:El Capitan SSD AndrewCullen$

but i don't see anything about VoodooPS2.kext.

you talked about force inject kext with space bar but i can't select this choice.
i only have:
boot mac os x
force hibernate wake
cancel hibernate wake
-safe mode
-without caches
-without injected kext

i also try tu put /Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext in ForceKextToLoad but still nothing...

i think that Clover hates my laptop

ok, thanks a lot, cd -r didi the job.

after this :
this is the result:
Andrews-iMac:El Capitan SSD AndrewCullen$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext HDMIAudio.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Andrews-iMac:El Capitan SSD AndrewCullen$

but i don't see anything about VoodooPS2.kext.

i only have:
boot mac os x
force hibernate wake
cancel hibernate wake
-safe mode
-without caches
-without injected kext

i also try tu put /Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext in ForceKextToLoad but still nothing...

i think that Clover hates my laptop

No output regarding signature of VoodooPS2Controller.kext indicates it is not installed.

but how!!! i use sudo cp -r like you said! it's there in L/E!
i really don't know how!!

but how!!! i use sudo cp -r like you said! it's there in L/E!
i really don't know how!!

Perhaps you should start over.

Avoid getting fancy with installing kexts into /L/E, and just install to /S/L/E using Kext Wizard.

When you have better skills, you can fine tune things.

ok, i install it in S/L/E with kext wizard.
now i write sudo touch in terminal and this is the result:

Andrews-iMac:~ AndrewCullen$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Andrews-iMac:~ AndrewCullen$

again, no trace of voodoops2!

is it possible that the release version is the problem and i have to use the debug version?

EDIT:

YES!!!!!! With kext in S/L/E voodoo kext is loaded!!!! finally!!!!! thank you very very very much!!!!

One day i will understand why...

EDIT:

YES!!!!!! With kext in S/L/E voodoo kext is loaded!!!! finally!!!!! thank you very very very much!!!!

One day i will understand why...

Marked [solved].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back