Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I've tried to update directly from Sierra to high Sierra, I followed the guide, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

I've tried the APFS method and the HFS+ method, (I have one SSD for the system and one HD for data), without success.

All works good till I try to reach the installer, on: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD, after that I have infinite reboots of system without success, always looking the apple scrollbar get to the middle.

The clover version is: 4359

How can I solve this?
My config is attached,
Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

Note : The MacPro5,1 system definition is inappropriate for your hardware configuration.

Last edited:
Note : The MacPro5,1 system definition is inappropriate for your hardware configuration.

How can edit it to have an appropriate system definition?

How can edit it to have an appropriate system definition?
There are many ways :
It can be done from the Clover boot loader screen.
Clover Configurator can generate new SMBIOS information.
MultiBeast can change the system definition.
You could edit the config.plist with a plist editor.

There are many ways :
It can be done from the Clover boot loader screen.
Clover Configurator can generate new SMBIOS information.
MultiBeast can change the system definition.
You could edit the config.plist with a plist editor.

Thanks, I will done it with Clover Configurator, what system definition you recommend to my system?

Thanks, I will done it with Clover Configurator, what system definition you recommend to my system?
The choice is yours.
You can use the free Mactracker app to find a Mac that matches your hardware as closely as possible or you can gather the same information at everymac.com.

Previously we used MacPro3,1 as the definition that worked for most people but since it no longer qualifies for OS upgrades we now recommend iMac14,2.

The choice is yours.
You can use the free Mactracker app to find a Mac that matches your hardware as closely as possible or you can gather the same information at everymac.com.

Previously we used MacPro3,1 as the definition that worked for most people but since it no longer qualifies for OS upgrades we now recommend iMac14,2.

Thanks P1LGRIM, I changed my system definition, now I have an iMac 14,2 running High Sierra without problems.

The choice is yours.

Now I haved a small problem at time to install High Sierra, I've done it without convert my SSD to APFS, I can done it now? having already the High Sierra install?

Now I haved a small problem at time to install High Sierra, I've done it without convert my SSD to APFS, I can done it now? having already the High Sierra install?
You may if you wish.

Boot from the Recovery partition (you will need to have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to do so).
Open Disk Utility, Select your boot volume, select Edit and Convert to APFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back